cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 51 of 63

Re: Real time scanning not detecting tracking cookies , is it detecting anything?

Yes re QC but with the beta you cannot not install parts ie anti spam so that might cause a problem with BT email. BT would know.

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 63

Re: Real time scanning not detecting tracking cookies , is it detecting anything?

Sorry Beta cannot disable each Mcafee component ie Anti spam installs whether you want it or not. you can disable it so maybe BT can confirm if having it wrecks things.

Quick Clean is present

Unhappy-bunny
Former Member
Message 53 of 63

OK ,  thanks I will have to keep that in mind if this does not  get resolved.

lallenp
Former Member
Message 54 of 63

Hey UB did you ever get this fixed? Mine is doing the same thing.

Unhappy-bunny
Former Member
Message 55 of 63

No, even after they took files and promised to ring back, complaining on here etc. I have heard NOTHING.

as i have been ill and in hospital I havent  had the time or energy to chase it. We are just limiting use on the PC and having to run a ful scan and quickclean after each session ( which is not ideal!- but I dont have it in me to try a reinstall or spend days tryiing to chase it up).

I hope it gets fixed for you.

Also make sure you try this https://community.mcafee.com/message/207145#207145

to make sure it is still detecting virus real-time

Regards

Unhappy-bunny

PS (there may be a silver lining ) Hopefuliy now that there are more people (there seems to be a few similar threads now) affected they might take it seriously and produce a fix.

Message was edited by: Unhappy-bunny on 29/11/11 15:33:13 GMT
lallenp
Former Member
Message 56 of 63

Well I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you get well soon. Hopefully you're right about that silver lining. I will defintely check your link out. Thank you so much for that. 

Much appreciation and feel better,

Allen

Peacekeeper
Message 57 of 63

I assume this is 2010 version as well? ie Security centre 10.5?

Time to stir the ISP or whoever you got it from to update as10 mths since 2011 arrived

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/11/11 7:10:33 AM
Unhappy-bunny
Former Member
Message 58 of 63

Thankyou and you are welcome.

lallenp
Former Member
Message 59 of 63

Well I get updates like every other day. I don't know where to check which version it is...sorry=/

lallenp
Former Member
Message 60 of 63

Wait.I found it. It's version 11. I saw something about a 32 bit operating system on an earlier post though. I do have a super old computer if that has anything to do with anything.

I also scan my computer with SAS from time to time. It picks up 20-70 tracking cookies even when Mcafee doesn't pick up 1,but I switched browsers the other day from IE8(I didn't update to 9) to google chrome. I scanned with SAS and no tracking cookies were detected. That is the first time in 2 years that has ever happened.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community