cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James55346
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Real time scanner won't allow Delphi to create executables, they are deleted immediately

Jump to solution

When trying to create executable files with the Delphi compiler the created program run for a few seconds, then get shut down and deleted by the Real Time scanning. It doesn't matter what the new program is. It can be something as simple as a 'Hello World' program. I can compile and run the exact same code on Lazarus/Free Pascal and it works fine. 

I turned off the firewall and it made no difference. Turning off the Real Time scanner allows the files to be compiled. I've seen suggestions that one can add files to the exclusion list, but I can't exclude a file that hasn't been created ... or can I?

Thanks for help you can provide 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Real time scanner won't allow Delphi to create executables, they are deleted immediately

Jump to solution

Hi @James55346 

Greetings from the McAfee

We regret to inform you that excluding the file from real time scanning can be done only to existing files/programs not to the programs that has'nt been created. As a workaround we suggest you to turnoff the real time scanning for a paticular time interval when you are working on Delphi compiler.

Regads 
Edward Franso 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Real time scanner won't allow Delphi to create executables, they are deleted immediately

Jump to solution

Hi @James55346 

Greetings from the McAfee

We regret to inform you that excluding the file from real time scanning can be done only to existing files/programs not to the programs that has'nt been created. As a workaround we suggest you to turnoff the real time scanning for a paticular time interval when you are working on Delphi compiler.

Regads 
Edward Franso 

James55346
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks for reply. I've noticed sometimes it works fine and other times not.

In any event, I found that disabling my internet connection allows it to compile properly every time. Seems to be the best workaround at the moment since I'd prefer not to disable real time scanning while connected to the internet.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community