Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flibbleflobble
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Real-Time Scanning Problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm recently having a problem with Real-Time Scanning. I get a message saying scanning has been switched-off, but if I switch it back on and try to run a scan I get a message saying there was an un-expected error and it switches itself off again.

The last scan was almost 2 months ago now, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and I have Service Pack 1. My internet connection is wireless.

Thanks,

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Re: Real-Time Scanning Problem

Jump to solution

If level 1 support fails request an escalation call back. . Possible a clean uninstall reinstall is what is needed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Try running the MVT  (virtual tech ) program on the tech support page.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

If that no good you can continue and call support and they will see what is the issue.. Could be a clash with another scanner (are there any installed?) or did you have another AV scanner and remove it not using its own removal tool? That can cause Real time scanning issues.

Is Mcafee actually updating ie check your engine version should be around 1749

flibbleflobble
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

So I ran the MVT virtual tech program and while it found serveral issues which it did resolve, it also found an issue with real-time scanning which could not be resolved. I'll have to call support I think.

No other AV software has been installed and the McAfee is up to date.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

If level 1 support fails request an escalation call back. . Possible a clean uninstall reinstall is what is needed.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

flibbleflobble
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

I did the uninstall and reinstall and it worked perfectly, many thanks Peacekeeper!

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Great that it fixed things have a happy new year.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community