cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CwT
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Real Time Scan

as a developer i got always high CPU usage when building executables and libraries (DLLs).

when i tried to exclude on file base... it turned out that the file selection box does not support multiple selection... annoying task to add each and every lib and exe.

an option to exclude the bin folder would be the perfect solution, if you cant provide this for whatever reason, plz make the exclude file selection multi selectable!

also bad: whenever i rebuild a file it get automatically removed from the exclusion list...

working on McAfee exclusion list after every build/rebuild is somehow insane

also somehow misdesigned is the list of excluded files, there are only 5 items visible, and unsorted too!

thats not the best UI design.

in reality the real time scanner is unusable when someone creates libs, exes (or whatever files McAfee treats to be scanned) on more frequent base.

1 Reply
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: Real Time Scan

Hi @CwT,

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your sharing this with us, and I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the rest of the McAfee team. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other requests or you run into any issues.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community