Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russdirks
Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Real Time Protection is locking Access Database

Hi Doug,

Thanks for responding.  While the Engineering team is working on that, I need to add code to my program to detect McAfee on the users computer, so I can warn them to make changes to the settings.  Can you help me with that at all?  Maybe an .EXE I can check the version number of, or a registry key I can query.  I just need to know if McAffee is install, and what version.

Thanks,

Russel Dirks

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 22 of 24

Maybe when your app starts to hang, look for a process named MCSHIELD.exe. Then message the user they should modify the settings.

Were you planning on using the exclusion settings?

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 23 of 24

Russel,

I sent you an email with a potential workaround.

Regards,

roebuck
Former Member
Message 24 of 24

Doug,

We have just got this problem with a VB6/Access system that has been as solid as a rock for years. I noticed above the part

Well, they ran some remote tests on my machine, got me to reproduce the error, uploaded some logs, and it seems they have acknowledged the problem and have told me they will fix it in the next release (12.9), which they said will be out in a month or two.

Has anything been done in this regard. Can we expect a fix from McAfee? If we can that would be really good.

We tried to restrict total protection to programs and documents - but we're not covinced this solves the problem and it leaves a possible gap in protection.

Thanks

Barry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community