Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arvi2011
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

REGD VIRUS/TROJAN

DEAR ALL

I AM USING MACFEE ANTI VIRUS BUT STILL I GET INFECTED MY LAPTOP WITH Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen.

WHICH IS CONTINOUSLY SHOWING ME THAT YOUR LAPTOP IS INFECTED AND THERE IS THREAT OF STEALING PASSWORDS AND PERSONNEL DATA.

PLS ADVICE HOW CAN I REMOVE THAT VIRUS /TROJAN FROM MY LAP TOP.

THANKS

2 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: REGD VIRUS/TROJAN

This document from McAfee will assist you in resolving your issue. Please be sure to follow the recommendations and to also run the McAfee Stinger scan which is explained in the document.

When you have completed the suggestions and if you still experience problems you might want to consider running this free program http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php by downloading and installing this on the computer and checking for the lates updates. Run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

You might also want to do the same with this program as well www.superantispyware.com

If the virus will not allow you to download to your computer, try this procedure. Get a USB stick and download from a non infected computer and rename the download and installation files to something you can easily remember. The virus should not recognize the renaming of the files because you have changed the names and the virus will no longer see these as a threat thus allowing the installation to proceed.

Let us know how this works for you and good luck

Message was edited by: k3tg to correct typ error on MBAM link on 4/22/11 3:00:48 PM EDT
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: REGD VIRUS/TROJAN

Just a check it is Mcafee popping up these warnings not some fake AV program?

I ask because I found this which may apply

Trojan-BNK.Win32. keylogger gen is a dangerous infection that spreads through XP Internet Security 2010 rogue anti-spyware program. It is not a real virusand it appears only if the system is infected with xp internet security 2010

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/04/11 6:48:44 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/04/11 6:50:52 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community