Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyanz
Former Member
Message 11 of 21

Re: RE: MVT Diagnosis - Virus Scan - Missing files

Jump to solution

drekmonger, what happened after you re-install your anti-virus?  does it correct the problem?

cyanz
Former Member
Message 12 of 21

Jump to solution

Mr. Hayton, i did what you just told me, but my computer does not find the missing file.  if that is the case do i have to re-install the software?  by the way, i still have the CD i'm only worried because my software is 2012 now is 2013.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

Look in these locations if you've got Windows 7 -

For mfevtpa.dll, mfehida.dll and mfeavfa.dll :

- c:\program files\common files\mcafee\systemcore\

- c:\program files\common files\mcafee\vscore\

For mfehida.dll and mfeavfa.dll also look in :

- c:\program files\common files\mcafee\vscore\x86

The files will be in a different location if the machine is running XP.

I just ran MVT and the version was 7.1.0.2483; the 'QuickClean upgrade' message has gone. This is on Windows 7. I'll try it later on XP.

cyanz
Former Member
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

i'm using windows 7, i will try it now immediately.  thanks for the continued response. by the way if i find those files, what will i do next? where will i put it?

Message was edited by: cyanz on 6/15/13 9:13:09 PM CDT

i already found the files.  what will i do now?  do i need to copy and paste it or just move it to the place where it must be present as suggested by the MVT?

Message was edited by: cyanz on 6/15/13 9:26:28 PM CDT

i apologies if i'm so persistent, i hope you understand. i care for my pc so much. by the way, thanks for the continued response.

Message was edited by: cyanz on 6/15/13 9:32:27 PM CDT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

The files are in the right place in the file system, so don't move them. The problem here is that the MVT programmers have put in a location for MVT to search, and I think they're using some kind of string concatenation to build up the file path (like, "c:\" + programfilespath + mcafee-section + virusscan-section"). They're also using relative locations ("..\.." means go up two levels). The result here is a location which doesn't exist on Windows 7.

So we wait for the programmers to fix a simple blunder, which shouldn't (I hope) take too long.

cyanz
Former Member
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

okay, if that is the case, i should not worry too much. thank you Mr. Hayton for the patience and effort.  i think this case is solved. ^_^

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

Okay, I'll mark this one as 'Assumed Answered' (unless you want to mark it as 'Answered' first).

I'm giving some thought to the SiteAdvisor problem but if I have any ideas I'll put them in the proper thread. This one seems to be finished.

cyanz
Former Member
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

i think this is already answered (only as of this moment when the programmers are on the process making the right updates - hope they finish it soon).  by the way, the site advisor problem, i uninstall and re-install the Mcafee internet security, and after that the site advisor becomes normal again (it is green in sties that must be green), but maybe two hours ago it becomes gray again.  why? what happened? (maybe we can continue the site advisor topic to the other thread Site Advisor Issue (Windows, Internet Explorer)

Message was edited by: cyanz on 6/16/13 8:31:47 AM CDT
drekmonger
Contributor III
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

Cyanz,

I had uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Total Protection 2013 before I encountered my four issues via Virtual Technician.  I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled since, as the whole suite of applications seems to be performing fine, including being able to set Intrusion Protection to Basic and to download and install updates.  Even when I had an error message related to Site Advisor, that application appeared to run fine too.  I recently uninstalled Virtual Technician, reinstalled it and ran a scan.  Now the error with Site Advisor is gone but the three "missing file" errors are still there.  As long as everything continues to run fine, of which I'm hopeful, I don't plan on uninstalling and reinstalling TP 2013.

Drek

acmesigns
Former Member
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

I'm running WinXP SP3 and I also was having the same 3 .dll files missing from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\AMCore after running MVT. I did a Search and found them hiding in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\SystemCore folder. I highlighted the 3 .dll files, Copied them & Pasted them into the AMCore folder. Ran MVT again and no errors were found. If searching, copying & pasting worked for me, maybe it will for others as well?

Of course, none of that fixed my problem of Real-Time Scanning cycling through 'At Risk', Updating/Updated, 'At Risk' on and on and on since the most recent McAfee Update, But that's a whole different topic.

Message was edited by: acmesigns on 6/25/13 4:16:20 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community