cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spulci
Contributor III
Message 91 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Same for me...I'm now on Total Protection R19. Quick scans completed themselves since the R18 silent update a few weeks before R19 release.

Btw no changelog for R19...McAfee is always so silent in terms of build changelog

BorisV
Contributor II
Message 92 of 99

I noticed couple of changes, new alert settings, real-time scan notification behaviour changed, to appear when the main UI is running, antivirus report had dates misaligned, which has been fixed as well... that’s all I noticed. Rest is all under-the-hood.

Peacekeeper
Message 93 of 99

Strange no R19 post but that normal here followup posts get missed. Except for the security record showing wrong last update and scan dates on the left everything on my Livesafe appears ok.

In the Bell activity icon there is also a Security Report link. Same issue scan and update date awry.

KH1
Contributor II
Message 94 of 99

As of May22/2019 LiveSafe appears to have now been updated to WSS 16.0.R19 on both Win7 and Win10 OS

The scan history previous to this date still seems to be incorrect but will have to see if it comes into line with the R19 Release

Some input from the mods regarding the previous incorrect scan history issue and whether or not the R19 Release has addressed this would be helpful

Would also be good to know what if any other changes have been incorporated into the R19 Release

Peacekeeper
Message 95 of 99

On R19 past 5 days and I still see the incorrect last scan and update dates. The listing of scans though appear ok. Just ran a quick scan and it shows in the listing on the graph area. No change to last scan area though.

Re what has been changed except when there is a big bug will many complaining about it McAfee does not post the changes. When I was a volunteer mod here we asked for these changes to be listed but they never were. We sometimes were privately told of some changes but most are under the bonnet ones that the users do not see.

BorisV
Contributor II
Message 96 of 99

My complain about 0-day malware detection got deleted, because it wasn’t convenient for McAfee someone to expose the truth. I sincerely hope this fall they will do something about this ineffective antivirus. Tolerating unsigned and suspicious PEs is just unacceptable. I don’t care about the listed dates, but from security point of view, McAfee is a total failure.
KH1
Contributor II
Message 97 of 99

@Peacekeeper 

Agree that the Quick Scan function appears to be working in R19 and recording correct dates albeit with the previous scan dates still seemingly incorrect....probably a back function not built into the R19 release I would guess

I also understand your point about McAfee not posting any type of information regarding change logs for updates....it's unfortunate because it would allow users to be aware of the fact that McAfee has addressed a question or concern that a user has posted in the forum regarding an update and whether or not the update has addressed that concern....but if it's not what they do.....then it's not what they do

Forums lacking useful, informative and timely feedback from the devs....are usually relegated to being not much more than sounding boards for frustrated users hoping that someone else has encountered a similar issue or problem and may be able to offer a suggestion....McAfee is not unique in this aspect....it seems more and more devs opt for the forum format over dedicated support systems

Best Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 98 of 99

@KH1 

The mods are doing a good job usually though no follow up telling one that R19 is out is a pity. From what I have seen the fix for scheduled scan and quick scan not completing was released prior to R19.

Yes fixes in updates were always Not for Disclosure when we were told about them unless a major bug was fixed. Most tweaks were under the hood.

KH1
Contributor II
Message 99 of 99

@Peacekeeper 

Agree that the mods do a relatively good job for the most part....it's not as if this is the only issue that they are trying to keep track of....but something clearly fell through the cracks when it came to updating the thread with regard to the R19 Release

And believe that you are correct about the fix for the Quick Scan cancelling itself being rolled out silently previous to the the full WSS 16.0.19 Release....which was really the the whole basis for the start of this thread

Best Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community