cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudedawg1
Contributor
Message 81 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

I have McAfee set for auto updates but manually checked this morning and an update was available which was downloaded. When finished a quick scan was ran which completed without cancelling so it appears to be fixed on my end as well.

kmb62
Contributor
Message 82 of 99

Finally!! Woot woot!!

Installed the update also, ran it and Quick Scan Completed!!

Ran slooooooooower than the dickens...but who's crabbin'??

Quick Scan Cancelled Itself - may it R. I. P.!!

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 83 of 99

Hi

Yes finally it seems to be fixed. But I did a full scan yesteday it took 5 hours thirty minutes ! and when it finally finshed it crashed windows. But when reebot it seemed to be ok. I will never run a full scan again without noticing problem on my laptop. Will run Malwarebytes instead finishes in 30 minutes for a full scan and use McAfee for quick scan and protection.

JW

KYKaren
Contributor
Message 84 of 99

As for me, starting on April 3, Quick Scans, Full Scan, and Scheduled Scans would scan 99% of the files and then cancel.  But, starting on May 3, 2019 Quick Scans, Full Scans, and Scheduled Scans have been turning out to be successful.  However, there are still two problems: These Scans (Quick, Full, Scheduled) have NOT been recorded in Security History nor do they show up on the Security Report’s Anti-Virus graph.  This problem has existed since April 3.

While they are consistently noted in Notifications (the ‘bell’ at the top of the screen), these entries in Notifications last for only a short period of time and after that they get pushed down in the queue and they no longer show up there.  Since they are not recorded in Security History or in the Security Report’s Anti-Virus graph, down the road, there is no way to confirm that these scans have occurred.

Windows 10

Security Center

Version: 16.0

Release Name: 16.0  R18

Components

McAfee Security Center

Version: 17.8

Build: 17.8.131

AffId: 679

Language: en-us

Last update: 04/24/2019

Peacekeeper
Message 85 of 99

Working for me now on R19 . All show as completed in security history Maybe r19 will fix this for you. I have scans completed on R18 prior to R19 update that show in the list

KYKaren
Contributor
Message 86 of 99

Peacekeeper: I just ran a manual Quick Scan and it DID show up in the Security History.  So, I stand corrected on that. 

Do your scans show up in the Security Report's Anti-Virus Graph?  Mine, don't -- at least not since April 3.

Peacekeeper
Message 87 of 99

Yes 8 in may shown as total scans run in May.BUT on left it says last scan 25 May 2018 so part of the graph is buggy. The scans last 30 days show as correct

KH1
Contributor II
Message 88 of 99

Hi Peacekeeper

Although the Quick Scan cancelling itself issue appears to have been corrected by an updated build version....and the Scan History still seems to be somewhat problematic as noted in KYKaren's post...I just wanted to get a clarification on your last post

Did you say that you now have the WSS 16.0.19 Release?.....and if so when was this release made available? LiveSafe still appears to be running on R18

As you stated about 3 weeks ago the mods appear to have gone MIA on this thread with regard to the new AV build version addressing the Quick Scan cancelling problem and when the R19 was supposed to be rolled out

Thanks

KYKaren
Contributor
Message 89 of 99

To Peacekeeper:  On my Windows 10 laptop, nothing in my Security Report > Anti-Virus is up to date; it says that the last scan (a Quick scan; I know this because the # of files is small) was April 1 and that the last update was April 8, 2019.  This one successful Quick Scan on April 1 shows up on the Security Report > Anti-Virus graph.  7 runs show on the graph for March.  Nothing is reported for months prior to that, even though I have the 'Year' parameter selected.

However, contrary to the information at Security Report > Anti-Virus, My Info > Security History reports 4 successful scans starting May 3  (2 Scheduled, 2 Quick); And My Info > About reports that the last update was April 24.  This is after the "Quick Scan cancels itself" episodes, reported here and which I had as well.

So, on Windows 10 the information in Security Report > Anti-Virus (both the graph and the info on the left) does not jibe with the info in My Info > Security History and with My Info > About.

I am running Security Center, v 16.0  R18, Security Components v 17.8, Build 17.8.131,  on Windows 10.

I am also running McAfee on my Windows 7 laptop.  I have the same Security Center version and the same Security Components version and Build as are on the Windows 10 laptop.. 

The Windows 7 scans (Quick, Scheduled, Custom) have always run successfully.  The bar graph at Security Report > Anti-Virus is correct, as is the info My Info >Security History > Scan Runs  The only thing that is NOT working correctly is the info on the left side of the bar graph.  It says that the last scan was May 28, 2018 and the last update was July 6, 2018.   On the other hand, My Info > About says that the last update was April 16, 2019

So, while McAfee is running more accurately on the Windows 7 laptop with regard to the bar graph and Security History, there are still problems, like the ones you have,  with accuracy of info at the left of the bar graph.

All of which leads me to believe that you are running McAfee on a Windows 7 machine??  It seems like this may be the case.   From my vantage point (seeing the results on my Windows 10 and my Windows 7 laptops), the same Security Center version and the same McAfee Security Center Components run with differing accuracy on the two Windows O/S.

forum
Contributor III
Message 90 of 99

I have had scheduled scans not showing up in history for quite some time.  Just fingers crossed that it was done as shown in notifications if I happen to check that in time.  I will also add that the notifications are also slow to populate and sometimes have to do more than once to see the virus scan notification.  I am just glad the scans now complete properly.  Hopefully someday all will be straightened out.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community