Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 61 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Hi
Same for me an ordinary update for the antivirus engine and the quick scan completed as it should. Maybe McAfee sneaked in a fix without having to do the major update they were talking about. I will see if it shows the same after next quick scan.
JW
Spulci
Contributor III
Message 62 of 99

I tried a couple of Quick scan on both of my two PCs....each one completed at 100% without issue...it's finally fixed!
Peacekeeper
Message 63 of 99

Still on R18 noticed a longer than normal update but no restart of Mcafee required. Running Quick scan now seems not to skip through it in 9 seconds as it did last time.

Scan says completed 10034 files. Appears fixed will check scheduled later

BorisV
Contributor II
Message 64 of 99

I’ve noticed that if there was no new scanner content after the last scan, quick scan is extremely fast. It deems the content as already scanned and skips it most likely. I also found an xml file with the GTI rules somewhere in the Common Files folder and I saw rules that increase reputation of files, if they’ve passed multiple scans without being flagged as infected.

BorisV
Contributor II
Message 65 of 99

I’ve noticed that if there was no new scanner content after the last scan, quick scan is extremely fast. It deems the content as already scanned and skips it most likely. I also found an xml file with the GTI rules somewhere in the Common Files folder and I saw rules that increase reputation of files, if they’ve passed multiple scans without being flagged as infected.
Peacekeeper
Message 66 of 99

Just confirmed Scheduled scan completed no issues . So far 100% success on the two scanners that were not completing.

Rudedawg1
Contributor
Message 67 of 99

I'm running win 8.1 and the quick scans are still being cancelled. I've even been on McAfee's site to download any available updates; may reinstall McAfee to see it that works.

Spulci
Contributor III
Message 68 of 99

It's a real pity if it's still unpatched under Windows 8.1...do a double check on your update. We can't have info about the actual roll-out of this un announced patch, deployed silently to some installed version. I'm a Total Protection owner. Wha'ts clear to us is that all McAfee software share the same Virus engine module...so double check the engine version number too. And let us know! 🙂

Rudedawg1
Contributor
Message 69 of 99

I'm not sure if this matters but the McAfee Security Suite I have is thru AT&T so I reinstalled it this morning from their website; it automatically ran a scan and did the same thing. I just double checked the updates per instructions by right clicking the hidden icon next to the clock on the task bar and when it checked it states that I have the latest updates available. I might call AT&T's tech support and ask if they are aware of this issue and see what they say. As previously posted I had contacted McAfee via their chat line and the tech was unaware of the issue until they took control of the computer then saw it 1st hand. They wanted a level 2 tech to contact me but I declined, maybe I should have talked to them but that's hind sight now.

kathy-14
Contributor II
Message 70 of 99

The patch might be a batch release where not all users are getting the new build (22.3.143) that fixes the problem.  Just have to wait.   

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community