cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 51 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Checking two scan histories a scheduled scan and a quick from the same time shows Files scanned 9838 for both. ! the quick scan says cancelled.

OK just looked deeper into the scheduled scans and they all say cancelled since early February so appears now scheduled same issue . Will run a scan now and recheck.

I agree maggie107uk's post was ok a bit grouchy but no swearing , threats etc, Seen way stronger posts in my time on the board allowed.

I do feel they will release the fix soon. Touch wood

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 99

Yes Scheduled did same for me says cancelled but it closes that is what confused me it shutting down.

Scheduled completed and cancelled in 1 minute this not right. Also quick scan now completes and closes in 9 seconds but says cancelled. This getting messy at least full scan and manual scan works for now.

tiredguy
Contributor II
Message 53 of 99

My subscription has less than 30 days left.

I'm really undecided about what to do...

Should I carry on paying for a broken product which has been broken for months with no idea of when a fix might be applied?

Or should I just get a subscription with Norton or an alternative antivirus provider?

Thanks in advance for any help with this difficult decision.

Rudedawg1
Contributor
Message 54 of 99

If you like McAfee keep it and just run full scans until they fix it, that's what I do and so far it has not cancelled itself like the quick scan does. You should also check with your internet provider to see if they offer a free or discounted security suite; mine's free although it's McAfee along with its current issues. There are also some decent free ones available, even Microsoft's built in windows security is not bad if you don't want to decide right now. Malewarebytes, Superantispyware, Kaspersky Lab to name a few also have free editions but the free ones are not full time protection just on demand only scans. Good luck.

KH1
Contributor II
Message 55 of 99

@tiredguy 

I have been in contact with McAfee both email and telephone regarding this problem and have posted two threads to this forum (page 4) indicating to them that the inevitable result of McAfee not being able to resolve this issue by releasing WSS 16.0.19 will be non renewal of subscriptions in favor of alternate AV providers

You can as Rudedawg1 suggested....continue using McAfee and preforming Full Scans as an alternate to the Quick Scan function until the release of WSS 16.0.19 which would likely mean renewing your McAfee subscription within the 30 days remaining on your current subscription....or possibly check with your ISP for any AV suites they may have available....but paying for an AV suite through your ISP would seem to defeat the purpose of renewing your McAfee subscription if you do opt to renew the subscription

The other option would of course be....not renew your McAfee subscription and go with a completely different AV supplier subscription

In my conversations with McAfee regarding this issue....I have suggested to them that from business perspective...perhaps they should consider offering users of McAfee products who have been affected by the delayed release of WSS 16.0.19....a discounted subscription renewal price in an effort to stop the migration away from McAfee that will likely result because of this

This suggested subscription renewal discounted price should be offered to currently subscribed users   affected both pre and post the release of WSS 16.0.19 due to the fact that McAfee is already in receipt of the yearly subscription fees paid by the user during which time the delayed release of WSS 16.0.19 has occured

Whether or not McAfee chooses to action this suggestion remains to be seen....but something to keep in mind as you consider your subscription renewal options

Best Regards

BorisV
Contributor II
Message 56 of 99

I do agree that it’s an annoying issue, but first of all, you do not need to run constant scans, as they reduce the lifespan of your hard drive and let’s be honest to ourselves - how many threats have we had, that haven’t been resolved prior to a scan? It’s definitely not an issue that compromises your security, so probably that’s why McAfee is not rushing to push a fix. Also, we don’t know what’s coming with the r19, maybe they have a good reason to delay it. I’d rather live with Quick Scan cancelling at 99%, but not have issue such as Windows 10 with the May’s updates not booting e.t.c. Be patient to McAfee atm, as Microsoft’s Windows includes some changes that together with the antivirus software, might render your system unusable. Testing is much required. I’m new to the McAfee software and don’t know how their update process works, but it’s worth mentioning that most of the security products (for security reasons) can’t download an incremental, small update, upon a program update they reinstall the whole package. And many of them require a restart after. For performance reasons, McAfee can’t be pushing updates every week to fix 1-2 known issues.

Regards

PawPrint
Contributor
Message 57 of 99

This is still occurring.  When will it be fixed?  I cannot believe that McAfee is taking so long to resolve this issue!

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 99

Latest comment from the mods is soon. Same comment as previous but it is not their fault must be another bug that is more urgent that is holding it ( R19) up.

jaschmerold
Contributor
Message 59 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself, looks like a known issue since January 25, 2019

Same Issue,  Looks like a known issue since January 25th, 2019

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium ver 6.1 build 7601 SP1, 

Full Scan Always complete no errors.

Both the Scheduled Quick Scan and Manual Quick Scan, say's the following 

"Quick Scan canceled.  No issues found'

Then a Green Check Mark

"We didn't find any issues on your PC.  No action needed."

Spulci
Contributor III
Message 60 of 99

Yesterday I noticed that an update was issued to my Total Protection Installation. The update shut down all the task silently and the restart them...there's no build change...still R18 but now each Quick Scan complete itself correctly.
Be sure to launch an update and let's see if this issue has been silently fixed even without releasing a major R19 update.

My actual Virus Scan Engine version is 3692.0 with build 22.3.143
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community