cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christos
Contributor III
Message 41 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Ran a full scan today it completed 100% so it might be worth you running MVT and contacting tech support

Rudedawg1
Contributor
Message 42 of 99

Christos, yes full scan works but quick scan cancels itself; running MVT did not help. Before I found this community thread I contacted McAfee via their chat line when it 1st started. I was surprised that the tech was not aware of the issue until they took remote access and saw the actual issue. They even wanted a Level 2 tech to contact me so they could see it 1st hand but I declined after finding this community thread, go figure.

scthom
Contributor
Message 43 of 99

Also waiting for an update that hopefully will resolve this problem. 

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 44 of 99

Disgusted at the way the McAfee ( PAYING ) customers are being treated. This problem has been       on-going for 7 months now. Exactly why it hasn't been rectified by now is beyond me. As far as I am concerned I am paying for a product that isn't fit for purpose. It’s not like this product is cheap either. The only reason I am still using it is because I still have months left that I paid for. But unless this issue is resolved I will not be renewing my subscription, I have already UN-ticked the automatically renew. I have been a paying customer for years, along with other members of my family. I can see McAfee losing lots of customers over this issue, surely after months and I mean months this problem should have been sorted. AVG is a lot cheaper and does exactly the same job and you don't get problems like this. Get it sorted McAfee. Getting sick of being FOBBED OFF with( it will be sorted soon) and then ringing customer support and them being clueless about this issue. Your supposed to get what you pay for unfortunately this isn't true with this product at the moment. I won’t be holding my breath as I can’t see this issue being sorted anytime soon. I have just looked at the main page on Mcafee and it says Our promise to you. To keep you virus free. Well obviously  they can’t promise that as the scan cancels at 99%. I think I will be asking for a refund as I have stated, before I am not getting what I paid for.  RANT OVER for now but sick of posting and getting nowhere. There is being patient and then there is being taken for a fool.  One livid  and unhappy paying customer.      

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 45 of 99

Today I got an notification in my mail that a new post had been posted in the forum about this topic. When I clicked on the link it said message not found. I read the post in my mail and it was from a frustrated user. Allthough it had criticism to McAfee how they have handled the mailfunction of the product they are selling to us customers it should not have been as it seems censored. If this is the case it is not promising for us who use this forum. Hopefully this is not why the post wasn´t found.

But for heaven sake fix the issue with the quick scan now. It has allready taken a none acceptable amount of time!!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 99

I am unsure but the updater will not I gather update backwards. I older times there was an exe you could run to install an older version but got any time recent.

I agree holding back the fix to add a couple more is annoying seems those fixes are taking a while. It would be good PR to release R19 now to Fix this issue been promised for too long. Tier 1 (1st level support) sometimes seems not to be informed of issues.

This was common also when I was a volunteer mod here and needs also to be addressed though what they could tell you that Sanjay cannot is unknown as he is 2 levels higher in the Support area.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 47 of 99

Hi

2019.01.18 Quick Scan was completed. 2019.01.26 and up todays date it says it been cancelled. It almost three months since the problem started. Too long without a fix in my opinion. And the scary part is that we don´t know what the scan doese´nt scan. Or if it does all the scanning and it´s just the message about cancelled scanning that is wrong. And sure I could make a full scan but it takes several hours to do. I usally do a quick scan every day before turning of my pc. A full scan Maybee  once a month or less. And that has worked fine no threaths discovered. I just want my AV to be without errors because I paid for that. And it worked as it should before McAfee ****** it up.

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 48 of 99

Its been more like 7 months and it was my post that was deleted

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 49 of 99

That was my post that was deleted. Maybe the truth hurts.I would like an explanation why it was deleted I only said what I believed to be the truth as a paying customer. Surely I should have been informed, that my post was deleted.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 50 of 99

Hi

When I checked my scanning history the first date and dates before that it completed the scan. On the second date and dates thereafter the cancelled scan first was seen. Maybe it has happened before that for other users than me. And I totally agree that your post should be leftalone. I didn´t find it offending in any way the ones who made the bug in the program is the ones who should take reasonable criticism seriously.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community