Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Hello All,

The WSS 16.0.19 release has been postponed. The postponement is most probably due to multiple fixes that would be incorporated in it. We don't have a definite date as of writing.

In the interim, Scheduled Scan/Full Scan can be used as suggested by @Peacekeeper.

A quick scan only scans your PC's most susceptible areas. A full scan, as you might imagine, scans all drives and folders on your device.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 22 of 99

Hi Sanjay

Most of us are aware of the difference between a quick and a full scan. The reason to use the quick scan is as it says quick. It doesn´t feel good that the realese is posponed and if it because of multiple fixes that itself doesn´t heighten the trust in the AV. Is there more things that doesn´t work properly ? And we ar that we not avare of it?

JW

tiredguy
Contributor II
Message 23 of 99

I've emailed Mcafee Customer Support today to ask when I can expect the product that I've been paying for to work as intended and expected.

I'll update this thread with any reply I receive.

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 99

Sanjay answered this in 2 posts above and he is twol tech levels above the support guys you get. usually when you call support. he does not know as it  (the fix) has been held up by needing to add other changes to the R19 release.

Kessa
Contributor
Message 25 of 99

I’m actually having the same issue with a full scan.... gets to about 3% and then just finishes/closes the scan window.

Interestingly, the “your scan activity” graph shows no activity either so recommending users run a full scan sadly might not be a solution as that’s not working either.

christos
Contributor III
Message 26 of 99

Have run two full scans both completed it might be worth running MVT if you have not allready done so and if the problem persists contact tech support

KH1
Contributor II
Message 27 of 99

Hi Sanjay

Any further information regarding the release date for the update to version 16.0.9 addressing the issue with the virus scan function?

Thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 99

It is 16.0.R19 version .FYI

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 29 of 99

@KH1 

No update as of yet on the release date of WSS 16.0.19. Shall update as soon as more information is made available.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
KH1
Contributor II
Message 30 of 99

My mistake....thanks for the correction re: 16.0.R19 version update

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community