cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forum
Contributor III
Message 11 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Thanks.  Is there a way that a message can be given when McAfee knows of a problem.  I get messages for renewal, new items being offered etc. without checking or calling.   But I always have to spend time checking or calling as time allows if something goes amiss and 99.99% of the time it is something McAfee is already aware of.  

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 99

Usually one finds that an issue is there and Mcafee looking at it only when one reads it here. They also for major issues place a notification on the forum home page or similiar though as far as I remember no emails. At lleast this has never happenned recently and with all the plishing emails one finds better not to get 1 with a link.

Tony

forum
Contributor III
Message 13 of 99

Thanks for your response.  Also you helped me a lot way back when we had to uninstall an old version to put on a new version of McAfee, in the days before downloading the program  or upgrading online.  I always remember your clear and helpful instructions, saved me a lot of time and angst.  Take care.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 99

Hi All,

As updates/release are usually throttled not all of us would get it on the same day.

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
tiredguy
Contributor II
Message 15 of 99

Hi, is there any update to this?

All my machines which are running Mcafee have have this issue for months now.

Because we're now into March, I think should have had the update to fix this problem this by now?

My Mcafee renewal is due soon and I don't want to continue paying for a product which doesn't work as it should.

Thanks for any help.

christos
Contributor III
Message 16 of 99

Hi, i am also waiting for the update.

The only workaround i have found is to do a full scan as these complete.

tiredguy
Contributor II
Message 17 of 99

I've noticed that the full scan completes, I've been using that as a workaround too.

I don't really have much confidence that it's working properly though, because of the issue with the quick scan.

I'm disappointed that Mcafee have taken so long to address this issue and that I wasn't informed by them that the software I've been paying for is faulty.

I'd have been happy if they had bothered to notify me of the fault, instead of my having to search the internet and worry that all my machines were infected.

I'll think very hard before I renew my subscription.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 18 of 99

Hi

Yes it has been to long before a fix is made to this. In an earlier answer by a moderator it will be fixed in version 19 of the security center if I remembered correctly. Hopefully so. On one of my laptops I run Avast the other runs McAfee. I was thinking to change both to McAfee because I have an unlimited amount of licenses. My avast license expires in 8 Days Maybe I run the free version until McAfee fix the quick scan issue. Hopefully this will be the case asap. 

JW

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 19 of 99

Just to clearify version 16.0.19 should contain the fix. Look at the first page in this thread and you will see this answer by an moderator.
Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 99

I rarely use Quick scan as Scheduled completes and time is not an issue for me to let it scan.  R19 was supposed to be released last week February but I see they released a version fixing an anti spam issue so that could have delayed the fix.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community