cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctorwhofan47
Contributor
Message 1 of 99

Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Hi so I was running Mcafee Quick Scan to scan for viruses on my PC. However, once the Quick Scan reaches 99% it cancels itself without me doing anything.

Is this due to a problem with Mcafee or my PC? Also, is there any way for me to solve this issue? Thanks

98 Replies
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 2 of 99

Re: Quick Scan Cancelled Itself

Hi 

Same thing for me once yesterday wich i didn´t notice untill today. Did a new quick scan today and same thing happened. Did it once more same result. Must be the McAfee program which failes somehow. It did quite a large update yesterday so maybe some kind of bug in the update ? Just wonder what the remaining 1% it said it didn´t scan included. How to solve it? Either McAfee comes out with a fix with a new update or as the most common advice in this forum seems to be to uninstall and make a clean install of the program. As for me I will take it easy and wait a while to see if a fix comes in the near future... I will make a complete search tomorrow and see if that makes it to 100%

JW

woodsro
Contributor II
Message 3 of 99

I have noticed the same problem with the most recent McAfee update.

the quick scan will cancel itself at 99%

A full system scan never finishes, it appears to be stuck in a loop. I have a 500Gb SSD with only 41gb of it being used and McAfee full system scan said it had scanned over 1 million files and just kept going despite all my drives combined only have 275,000 files in total, after it ran for 6 hours I had to stop it.

the work around is to go to Windows Explorer, Right-Click the drive you wish to scan and then select Scan from the context menu. These scans will complete as normal. It appears to be a glitch in the Quick and Full scan logic. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 99

Agreed I see that as well says Quick scan cancelled no issues found.  See what the mods say I will run a full scan later on still ealy morning here.

Ok in the recent activity ie the bell icon it says You cancelled your virus scan before you were done. So it is a bug.

Tony

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 5 of 99

Hi Peacekeeper

Are you the same Peacekeeper thats been around for many years and given us a lot of help before ? If so nice to see that you are still around. I was on the brink to give up on Mcafee a while back because of many problems with my internet security program. But I decided to give it one more chance because I got a good deal on the antivirus plus version with unlimited licenses. And it has worked without probem since. I even got those features back which with an unknown reason was taken away from the program after an update from McAfee to my internet security suite when I changed to antivirus plus. So hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. I thought to make a full scan to see if that also was affected but after reading a post here I thought it should be a waste of time. So I just sit back and hopefully it willbe fixed shortly. 

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 99

Yes JW still me. Decided to post a little this year . Still no time to check full scan but will later on today.

woodsro  sorry my full scan scanned correct amount of files and completed OK

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 99

hello,

i have noticed the issue aswell.

received last week friday version 16.0R18. sheduled Quick Scan was started but at the end i saw the same message Peacekeeper noticed;

You cancelled your virus scan before you were done. So it is probably a progam bug.with this new version release.

best to wait for the fix to be released to solve this issue i think.........

only hope that some mcafee mod is reading this topic. it has been some time that they visited this section i have seen........

GaneshR
Message 8 of 99

Hi @doctorwhofan47 ,

Sorry for the in-convenienced caused. McAfee is  aware of this issue and currently working on this. We will keep the thread updated.

Thanks and Regards

Ganesh Raju R

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 9 of 99

Good to hear that McAfee are aware of this and a fix will be suplied to your users. Hopefully asap.

JW

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 99

@jonnywalker 

The issue would be addressed in 16.0.19 version of Windows Antivirus suite. Shall update the thread as the release date is made available.

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community