cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anhan37
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Quarantine folder has 30GB of items but VirusScan Console does not show any files

When I look at C:/Quarantine properties, it says 30GB, but when I go to the VirusScan Console and look at the Quarantine Manager Policy, it says "The quarantine folder contains 0 items," preventing me from deleting the 30GB folder. Our company's policy prevents us from directly deleting files from C:/Quarantine.

Why isn't the Console detecting the 30GB of files in the folder?

2 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Quarantine folder has 30GB of items but VirusScan Console does not show any files

Hi @anhan37,

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you kindly update McAfee for the latest version 16.0.43. Please confirm whether issue is occurred with the latest version. If occurred Kindly provide enough information like screenshot of the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Venkat

anhan37
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Quarantine folder has 30GB of items but VirusScan Console does not show any files

Hello @Venkat_YM ,

McAfee is up to date. I can only guess that this started on the latest version because now we are up to 36GB in the folder [from Friday]. 

Unfortunately, I cannot get a screenshot of the issue.

When looking at C:\Quarantine it shows 36GB of .bup files

However, when in the VirusScan Console (as admin) and double click the Quarantine Manger Policy; it doesn't show a single file in the manager even though it is point at the C:\Quarantine folder.

For whatever reason, the console refuses to see the files and it seems they are locked by McAfee so even a local admin cannot delete them.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community