Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonyqian
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

Problematic false positive submission system

Hi,

I noticed that McAfee's false positive submission system is not working properly.

As described in this KB article, I submitted two samples that are whitelisted by several vendors but are detected by McAfee via email, with subject line starting with the word FALSE

I received an automatic analysis report (Analysis ID: 11086750) minutes later, stating that these files can be detected with current DAT files (of course!), and advising me to update my DAT and engine files.

Clearly, even with FALSE in the subject line, the sample submission system cannot distinguish between False Negative and False Positive submissions, and it assumes all submissions received are malware samples submissions.

According to the KB article, I also tried to add NOAUTO in the subject line to prevent automatic analysis. However, even with NOAUTO in the subject line, I still received an automatic analysis report.

McAfee should investigate and fix its false positive sample submission system.

Anthony

1 Reply
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problematic false positive submission system

Hi @anthonyqian,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused, while we have this investigated we request you to respond to the private message sent with the requested details. So we can get help with you with the request. 

Thanks,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community