cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulenmag
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Problem with installing McAfee Total Prot 2011 - ("Installation Incomplete" error message).

(Hopefully this is the correct place to post this query).

I am having trouble installing McAfee Total Proection 2011 onto my laptop.

The spec of the machine is :

Machine               Dell Inspiron

Processor           Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz 2.19GHz

Installed mem    2.00GB

O/S                       Windows 7.0 Home Premium

I have installed from CD - and it appears to go okay - until I hit the following error

Installation Incomplete

We couldn't install these security features includeddwith your sofware

VirusScan: Failed

I haved tried de-installing and re-installing - and the same happens

Can anybody help ?

thks

Paul

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Problem with installing McAfee Total Prot 2011 - ("Installation Incomplete" error message).

If you have/had any other antivirus installed use their removal tool, if there is one, to make sure it's gone.  Also if you happen to have Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Malwarebytes anti-malware applications installed, uninstall them temporarily.

Then run the MCPR removal tool to get rid of your partial installation, available via Useful Links at the top of this page & reboot and then try again.

How old is that CD?   If you had McAfee installed before you will have an online account which would be the preferred download point.

This could also happen with certain malware, have you had any strange things happening lately?

By the way once this is sorted out, make sure you update Windows 7 to SP1, there's help with that here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community