cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shtcricket
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Problem w/ Initiating a scan

So I've tried to sift through all the problems on these forums to use another users' answers for my own problem but here it goes;

So I'm using VirusScan 13 build 13.3.117 and EVERYTIME I try and run a virus scan manually, wether a complete, quick or custom I get an error message saying the program has encountered an error and was unable to recover. Failed to initialize code =-2147467259

I've looked around here and for some reason my IE7 is hanging basically everytime I begin trying to DL the chat support feature and I'm tired of starting that process over.

Other comp Data.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 with 2gb of RAM and pretty basic other features. Please let me know if you have any solutions or ideas to try out here Thanks for your help happy
Tags (1)
3 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Problem w/ Initiating a scan

hi please try running mcafee virtual technican in my signature and post the session ID here...
shtcricket
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hmm ok well thanks for your help. I tried running this on my own about 15mins ago and updating IE to version 8 and somehow it showed my DAT files were out of date when they said they weren't moments before, currently the scan is responding and working though. Now to sift through the problems with new internet explorer beta lol.

Thanks alot for your time happy
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

glad that you are ok now... must have been the scripts of your IE being unregistered or corrupt... that's why the scan doesn't respond properly... mcafee is using IE as its platform so any issues with your browser will definitely impact the mcafee software... if you are now using the full version of IE8 i guess everything will be ok... happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community