cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedicts48
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Problem activating VirusScan Plus 2009 3-user

I purchased software online and installed it on one PC, no problems. I installed software on a second PC. Rebooted PC as prompted. After reboot, system does no see new version of software. I still get a message which reports expired subscribtion. How do I activate the second and thrid users? I am running XP SP3.
Labels (1)
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Problem activating VirusScan Plus 2009 3-user

Hi,

Please clarify/follow the steps bellow.
Did you had the McAfee in the other two systems previously or is this the first time your try to install?
Did you use any other antivirus software in the system?
Steps can be tried:
Try to verify the subscription in the second pc (Right click on the M icon in system tray->click on Verify subscription)
Try to uninstall the McAfee thorough the Add and remove program and run the McAfee removal tool
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and then try to install the McAfee in the second system

Regards
Bala
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community