Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffosan
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

Pop Up Advertising Redux

Jump to solution

An Admin closed my previous thread on unwanted desktop spam with a nice personal message requesting my contact information so a support phone call could be made to me. Seems reasonable, I responded via pm.

McafeeMessage.JPG

Time for the support phone call came and went with no contact.

There is some irony here that my thread spamming this support board with images of the pop ups I don't want gets closed down, yet the McAfee spam on my desktop continues unabated.

McafeePopupAd16.JPG

McafeePopupAd17.JPG

McafeePopupAd18.JPG

McafeePopupAd19.JPG

McAfee is fine software, I have used it successfully for years.

But, for the same reason I cut the cord on cable TV, I will not continue paying subscription fees to watch forced advertising spam on my devices.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
griffosan
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Re: Pop Up Advertising Redux

Jump to solution

Another day, another McAfee spam advertisement. This one demands I shut down my browsers in the middle of a session.

McafeePopupAd22.JPG

I've had enough of this unwanted advertising.

I've asked repeatedly on this forum for a solution, and none has been provided.

So, I will solve the problem myself:

McafeeUnistall3.JPG

McafeeUnistall4.JPG

Goodbye

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @griffosan 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply and PM. The offer of a phone call during a 48 hour time frame is not feasible for me to sit by the computer. I have a job and a life that takes most of my time away from connectivity. So, when I am on the computer, it is confounding to have forced McAfee advertising spam my desktop.

McafeeCallbackPM.JPG

Now, it seems I am directed to send McAfee spam advertising to the McAfee spam report email address. Seems unusual, but I will comply.

McafeeSpamPM.JPG

Link leads to: McafeeSpamAddress.JPG

In the meantime, here is my latest unwanted McAfee spam advertisement:

McafeePopupAd20.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

More McAfee spam on my desktop today. Forwarded to McAfee spam email address above.

Please stop this unwanted desktop advertising.

McafeePopupAd21.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Another day, another McAfee spam advertisement. This one demands I shut down my browsers in the middle of a session.

McafeePopupAd22.JPG

I've had enough of this unwanted advertising.

I've asked repeatedly on this forum for a solution, and none has been provided.

So, I will solve the problem myself:

McafeeUnistall3.JPG

McafeeUnistall4.JPG

Goodbye

katzen
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

How about a public notice how to stop those annoying popups? I have absolutely everything turned off.

This morning, one popped up and took control as I was typing. My typing was halted and the worst thing is, I was annoyed to have to look up if there is another way to stop them. It was an unnecessary notice, nothing serious like my computer is getting hacked.

I have a trial version and if I cannot stop your popups from interfering in my work, it'll be bye-bye.

So, what is your response? Can I or can't I stop the popups? If so, how?

JandP
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

48 hour time slot?!  That's hilarious!  Even my A/C repair folks offer a 2-4 hour window, and they get to take apart whole air conditioning units.  What a joke.  It would not be difficult to add a "no screen advertisements" option to this wondrous piece of software, but even the individual ads don't have a "no thank you" option.  The one currently on my screen has an option to "remind me later" (no thanks) or "get protected" (no thanks). 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community