cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

RE: Outlook IMAP protection?

Long-since dead - perhaps - but still very relevant, especially since Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Mail is the defacto standard for push-email and decent IMAP. Unfortunately, Thunderbird still has a little way to come to match Outlook's integration. (But I'm willing to give it a look-in!)

Just out of interest - what do you use?

Cheers,
Goph.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 15

I should add that McAfee has never supported IMAP. But you are still protected from anything trying to plant itself on the machine.

Partial System Requirements:

Supported Email Programs

• POP3 – Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky and PostPet
  • MAPI – Outlook
  • Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access

Required For Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In

• Outlook Express 6.0 or later
  • Outlook 2000 or later
  • Eudora 6.0 or later
  • Thunderbird 1.0 or later
  • Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and Web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)

Note it's MAPI not IMAP.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

I use Vista Windows Mail in both Vista and Windows 7 and Incredimail Premium in XP and Vista.

I only use POP3 as all my mail is filtered at Spamcop's website before I even see it.
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

Ah right - I think tho' that folks who are after IMAP are not concerned about POP3 for spam - it's just that IMAP is a far more effective way of managing mail (especially if you're using it across multiple devices). All corporate email is pretty much IMAP (for any corporation worth its salt in any case!)...

Cheers,
Gopha.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Perhaps the Enterprise products support it, but I have no idea if they do. The question would have to be made in those forums in the Corporate section.

Anyway, this thread is an old one and it really should be closed as the OP was answered.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community