cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 41 of 46

Re: One Last Question

That is something I wondered about will ask. Also

• Updates do not occur while you’re using your PC. They resume after your PC  is idle for ten minutes.
  • Scheduled scans do not occur while you’re using your PC. They resume after  your PC is idle for ten minutes

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 16/04/10 8:03:20 AM
Ron65
Former Member
Message 42 of 46

They seem obsessed with that darn timer. Even if I am not doing anything on my computer it is always doing stuff in the background. It will never be completely idle for 10 minutes unless I turn it off. I got my last PC Magazine and it had a write up about McAfees 2010 version in it and they weren't very kind about it. I also looked up the top 10 virus programs for 2010 and McAfee which with the 2009 version was either 4th or 5th is not even in the top 12. I can't remember the exact wording but it was something like this. McAfee took a good product and turned it into junk and they seem to have no interest at all in what their users and customers want. Their so called Smart Timer is a joke and should be done away with completley.  That is the magazines statements, not mine. But for the most part I have to agree with them. The 2009 version was great and I liked it. The 2010 version is junk and should be pulled and completely rewritten just as Microsoft did whrn they put thet farce of Windows millenium out. I think it only lasted about 6 months and they pulled it instead of trying to patch every thing that didn't work right.

Keep bugging them for us.

Thanks,

Ron

lurker
Contributor
Message 43 of 46

I stumbled upon this post when my scheduled scan seemed to be chainging the set scan time. I thought it was compromised, but I have been enlightened by the discussion above. So please allow me a little rant.

McAfee, what's the point of setting a scheduled scan that won't run at the time it is scheduled? Does the word "multitasking" mean anything to your product development team? I don't enjoy having to twiddle my thumbs while my supposedly "scheduleld scan" is holding my computer hostage.

This "smart timer" has rendered the scheduled scan feature useless. I might as well just mark my desk calendar every week, and do an on-demand full scan.

This "smart timer" is just stupid, and shows poor product development direction. I can't believe I paid for it.

I hope McAfee fixes this "feature" soon. I might start shopping around for another antivirus in the meantime.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 44 of 46

Ron65 wrote:

They seem obsessed with that darn timer. Even if I am not doing anything on my computer it is always doing stuff in the background. It will never be completely idle for 10 minutes unless I turn it off. I got my last PC Magazine and it had a write up about McAfees 2010 version in it and they weren't very kind about it. I also looked up the top 10 virus programs for 2010 and McAfee which with the 2009 version was either 4th or 5th is not even in the top 12. I can't remember the exact wording but it was something like this. McAfee took a good product and turned it into junk and they seem to have no interest at all in what their users and customers want. Their so called Smart Timer is a joke and should be done away with completley.  That is the magazines statements, not mine. But for the most part I have to agree with them. The 2009 version was great and I liked it. The 2010 version is junk and should be pulled and completely rewritten just as Microsoft did whrn they put thet farce of Windows millenium out. I think it only lasted about 6 months and they pulled it instead of trying to patch every thing that didn't work right.

Keep bugging them for us.

Thanks,

Ron

I hope someone from McAfee reads this as I have complained about smart timer and no sounds for updating before and they continue to use this STUPID REPEAT STUPID smart timer and still no sounds for me to hear that an update happens. I have to change my settings to alert me when updates are available as if I do not do that there is no way to know an update happens without going to navigation and about. Come on McAfee start responding to your customers and get rid of the STUPID smart rediculous timer and give our sounds back when updates occure.Guess that is to much for your stupid people who put these into 2010 version.

Jerry

PS And seeing a short 5 second popup message without sound is unexceptable!!!!!!

Message was edited by: BigJ on 5/15/10 3:37:56 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 45 of 46

We mods and beta testers asked for both to be changed in our wish list for 2011 version or later patches. We are not sure what will be changed so can only wait.As mentioned 10.5 out is several smaller countries such as Ca and Au have some changes to updates and scheduling but Smart T is still active.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 46 of 46

Peacekeeper wrote:

We mods and beta testers asked for both to be changed in our wish list for 2011 version or later patches. We are not sure what will be changed so can only wait.As mentioned 10.5 out is several smaller countries such as Ca and Au have some changes to updates and scheduling but Smart T is still active.

Thanks Tony for your reply but why can't McAfee change this in 2010 version.? Why do we have to wait for later versions to come out? That is what ticks me off about McAfee!!!!!

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community