Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron65
Former Member
Message 31 of 46

Re: One Last Question

Tony,

Thanks. I hope they will resolve these issues soon. It shouldn't take a month or more to get a faulty program looked at and corrected by the developers. After my retirement I worked for a short time as a Beta tester for Microsoft but just grew tired of having to keep up with all of the new stuff and now I am years behind.

Ron

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 46

Beta version 4.5 released to we beta mods and testers. Has a new feature re updates and scans that might satisfy you all. Cannot post details but I am happy with what they chose.

Fixed network devices disappearing on reboot as well.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/04/10 8:15:59 PM
Ron65
Former Member
Message 33 of 46

Hey, that is great to hear. Test it well and I hope for the best. I have had good luck with the tests I have done on this 2010 version except the automatic updates and I miss the sounds on alerts. Thanks for the heads up on how things are going.

Ron

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 46

Will do though sounds may be a while coming back if ever. I asked so it is up to the powers that be.

BTW network device issue returned pity thought it was fixed. Reported same again

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 10/04/10 6:36:31 AM
Ron65
Former Member
Message 35 of 46

To bad abut the continuing problems. I like the sounds because they call your attention to anything that happens. When I was testing this version with the test virus files, if I hadn't been watching it closely I would never have known if it caught them or not. And even then, the pop up was on and off so fast I couldn't read all of it. I also think the sounds are a great thing if anhyone is out browsing the net and hits a link or site that is infected as they will immediately call your attention to it. With no sound and just the quick pop up, most people will miss it and continue until they may get a virus or trojan.

Anyway, good luck with the testing and thnaks for keeping us posted on what is going on.

Ron

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 46

I agree with you about the sounds and do hope they will eventually return to the next version

Peacekeeper
Message 37 of 46

Sent Ron's comments to our beta bod to remind him why sounds are good

Ron65
Former Member
Message 38 of 46

Any new news yet about what is going on? I hope they do get it straightened out soon. Boy, do I miss the 2009 version.

Ron

Peacekeeper
Message 39 of 46

10.001 released to Canada japan and Australian servers. Fixes do not I think include smart timer "fix". this included in 10.5 which is in beta. I wasn't about to mention this but as it was posted elsewhere will do so. The "fix" is the update or scheduled scan will try to start for 2hrs then will happen no matter what. In other words the update will come but delayed a maximum or 120minutes. This an improvement on continuing to be delayed but hopefully later on we can get a disable option.

Ron65
Former Member
Message 40 of 46

Glad to hear they are trying it on someone else first. As for the Smart Timer fix, does the computer have to be on for 2 hours before it will overide the timer and update automatically? Or if you are on for say 30 minutes and turn it off does that start the timer all over for the two hour period? I just personally wish they would do away with it and add some sounds.

Thanks,

Ron

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community