Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Contributor III
Message 11 of 15

Re: Now it's the GUI that didn't update even after DAT did

Peacekeeper wrote:

MM you can always install the new 2010 version It is available on the au servers. Works fine and dat date appears to work ok for me.

OK Tony I installed 2010 total protection from my account but where in the world do you see anywhere in this new interface the date and dat number? All it says on home page is updates current. But it does tell you if you click on right arrow the time it will check for updates when automatic updates is turned on. Do you have to run the McAfee virtual technician now to see what dat is installed?

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/24/10 3:51:07 PM CST
BigJ
Contributor III
Message 12 of 15

BigJ wrote:

Peacekeeper wrote:

MM you can always install the new 2010 version It is available on the au servers. Works fine and dat date appears to work ok for me.

OK Tony I installed 2010 total protection from my account but where in the world do you see anywhere in this new interface the date and dat number? All it says on home page is updates current. But it does tell you if you click on right arrow the time it will check for updates when automatic updates is turned on. Do you have to run the McAfee virtual technician now to see what dat is installed?

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/24/10 3:51:07 PM CST

I have to go to program files then McAfee follder then Viruscan folder then I can see dat folder and engine folder. I see I now have engine 5400.1158.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/24/10 4:50:35 PM CST
BigJ
Contributor III
Message 13 of 15

Peacekeeper wrote:

You have to go to the au server ie choose australia http://www.mcafee.com/au/ and home and home office and choose your account and install. This after you uninstall the old version with the removal tool (useful link option top of page here).

It is on limited release and I think will not update unless you reinstall.

I will ask the techs tomorrow when it will be fully released.

Tony thanks for posting the link above as the McAfee site my account in 2009  version still had 2009 version on it.

Jerry

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 15

So have you 2010 or 2009?

In 2009 the navigation option top right under home has all you need ie on left hand side under Mcafee resources  it has about. there you see the info

BigJ
Contributor III
Message 15 of 15

Peacekeeper wrote:

So have you 2010 or 2009?

In 2009 the navigation option top right under home has all you need ie on left hand side under Mcafee resources  it has about. there you see the info

I just found that out in 2010 version which is navigation at top right then click on about. 2009 is what we had before bottom right about. 2010 has virusscan version 14.0 and 2009 had 13.0 I just set my network up for my 2 computers in 2010 version. Tony the new version is 2010 not 2009 like you stated, This is year 2010 now not 2009.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/24/10 11:40:13 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community