cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 1 of 9

New interface when doing a scan

Today I did a quick scan but noticed that the interface had changed. Is this the only thing that is new ? On my other laptop I run Avast AV. On their consumer forum new changes to the program or inteface are presented the same day as for the changes by a representative for Avast with an explenation for the changes and what´s their purpose is. Maybe this would be something for McAfee to consider in this forum. Because I think their is a lack of information about changes from McAfee that affects their customers. I also noticed there where no option to turn computer of when scan was finished.

JW

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Re: New interface when doing a scan

Thanks matey I just found this when I went to do a scan after McAfee flagged a virus. The changes inherent in a new version or updates is something we ex volunteers here tried to get added but Mcafee resisted doing so. A lot of changes are under the bonnet so not worth mentioning but your thought is worth a thought.. I would be unsure where they could put it this forum does not have stickies  and emailing all would be out of the question.

Maybe a link to changes within the interface would be the way to do it.

I will pass this on next time I talk to the managers about something else.

I actually like the change to scan

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 3 of 9

Hi
I to have nothing against the change. It just had been nice if we could be told about it when they are doing it. It´s a bit confusing when it suddenly looks different without any notice. When they changed from the old green one to the current look there where a lot of discussions here. But this time it came as a surprise. It´s not if it company secrets we are asking for.
JW
BorisV
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

The new interface when doing scans is awesome and I really hope it would become a framework for all functions. For example QuickClean, Vulnerability Scanner, etc...  All these tools can use the same interlace. It's gorgeous, it's easy to understand, it's very speedy (launching instantly).... Much better than opening a separate and dated window. There is a new interface for the firewall settings as well. I remember a user reporting that he could barely see the program rules, so I see McAfee has been quick to act on user feedback, which is great. AntiSpam and all other settings should be the same, just to keep everything consistent. 

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 9

I have passed this feedback on and the manager is looking if

1 He can find somewhere here to list changes maybe a new forum update info. Of course bug changes may be different for Total Protection as compared to Livesafe and maybe different for partner versions so this is something he will need to think on

2. If he is allowed to. That was what we had issues with Mcafee not posting changes as we had to ask them to list them for us in our volunteer moderator weekly calls.

Oh also scan now is missing close /shutdown of completion if no issues that will return next major update. so I have been informed.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

Hi

What are McAfee doing ? Just as I got used to the new UI when doing a quick scan then today I was back with the old UI ! How does this happen ? Are McAfee testing the new version and if so why aren´t their customers informed ? Or did they redraw the new UI when doing a scan or are they just trying to confuse us. I´m getting a bit tired with this back and front with different UI:s . Do you have a clue ?

JW

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 7 of 9

Just want to ad that this is why I think McAfee should inform us users when they are doing changes that affect us who use their product. Can it be that hard to make a new subject here on this forum which tells about such things ? Avast can do this on their forum so why can´t McAfee ? Every time Avast makes a new bigger update to their program the same day there are an explanation what´s been changed and what bug fixes that are made. I´m not promoting avast but in this aspect they are doing a good job. 

JW

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 9

I had asked them to restore the Shut down if no issue option. They did but in order to do it fast they just reverted to old GUI and I assume the new GUI with this option added is in the August (touch wood) update.

I was not told as my contact is away. Probably the developers decided this the fastest way to restore the feature.

McAfee is still considering  posting update info but as I said we ex mods tried to get this for years bur were unsuccessful. bug fixes would be nice as would bug notification posts.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 9 of 9

Hi

Ok thanks for the input it makes it clearer what was going on. Hopefully they will take notice on the matter with lack of info also.

JW

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community