cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariae
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Need help on how to remove unwanted programs

After finishing a full scan I saw that there were 2 unwanted programs.  It did not porvide me the names of the unwanted programs nor were they listed in the control panel of programs.  I am now having dificulty and cannot intall Adobe Flash Player.  I had to unistall Adobe because it just kept on popping up everytime I entered a site!!!!!  I am thinking that maybe it is because of these unwanted programs--I just do not know!  Can anyone provide simiple guidence to this issue

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need help on how to remove unwanted programs

The actual name(s) of these Possibly Unwanted Programs or PUP's should be listed under 'Quarantined and Trusted Items' under 'Navigation' in SecurityCenter.

Can you check and let me know what they are called?

It's possible that you have spyware installed so I suggest running a full scan using the FREE version of THIS software.   Update before running and let it remove anything it finds, rebooting if necessary.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community