cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miller
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

My executable file in the visual studio code is being deleted by McAfee automatically saying it dete

Jump to solution

Till yesterday my Visual studio was working properly with all C programs running perfectly. But today i got one error saying > Program 'a.exe' failed to run: The system cannot find the file specifiedAt line:1 char:1 .

• ./a.exe
  • At line:1 char:1

• ./a.exe
    •   + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [], ApplicationFailedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed

This executable file was getting deleted by my McAfee automatically saying it detected a virus in it. Please someone help me with this. Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: My executable file in the visual studio code is being deleted by McAfee automatically saying it

Jump to solution

As well please note that scans will still detect this if you exclude the file but running the file will work. To fully remove the issue follow

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: My executable file in the visual studio code is being deleted by McAfee automatically saying it

Jump to solution

Hi @Miller 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly check quarantined items in McAfee UI for the visual studio file.exe. As it is being detected by McAfee, try excluding the .exe file of visual studio and try accessing the program and let us know the outcome. 

Regards

Magesh J

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

As well please note that scans will still detect this if you exclude the file but running the file will work. To fully remove the issue follow

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community