cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
projectsferadev
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

My app marked as malware only by McAfee, how to fix?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am developer of android app, app is on Google Play. First of all, our app is legit and don't want to steal any information from users mobile phones.

Our app was market as malware by McAfee antivirus. Out team is trying to solve the problem, but we have run out of ideas and right now we don't know what is wrong.

Can anyone help us determine issue with our app (why its marked as malware), so we can fix it?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
projectsferadev
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: My app marked as malware only by McAfee, how to fix?

Jump to solution

We have found what causing problem. It was permission to control network state!

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE" />

Don't know why, but it is considered by McAfee as a malware.

We can close this topic.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @projectsferadev 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience cuased.

Plese refer our below article for the reference for how to submit for a false virus sample file.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

projectsferadev
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

We have found what causing problem. It was permission to control network state!

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE" />

Don't know why, but it is considered by McAfee as a malware.

We can close this topic.

seoulimigration
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

주저하지 마시고 연락주세요: 이메일: seoulimmigratrationaid@ gmail .com 자세한 내용은 이메일로 문의해 주십시오. 위조 여권, 비자, 신분증, 운전 면허증, 출생 및 기타 여러 문서. 가짜 여권, 가짜 운전 면허증, 비자, 신분증, 출생 증명서 등을 구입하십시오. 문의: seoulimmigratrationaid @ gmail .com

rentersi
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

I understand that you're facing an issue with your Android app being flagged as malware by McAfee antivirus. It can be quite concerning, but let's try to address the problem.

Here are some steps you can take to determine the issue and potentially resolve it:

1. Review your code: Conduct a thorough code review of your app to ensure there are no suspicious or malicious activities that could trigger a malware detection. Look for any potential vulnerabilities, third-party libraries, or APIs that could be causing the problem.

2. Run a malware scan: Perform a comprehensive malware scan on your app using reliable antivirus software, not limited to McAfee. This will help you identify any potential malware or security risks that might have triggered the detection. It's important to check with multiple reputable antivirus tools to get a broader perspective.

3. Analyze permissions: Verify the permissions requested by your app. Ensure that your app is only requesting the necessary permissions required for its intended functionality. Excessive or unnecessary permissions might raise suspicion and increase the likelihood of being flagged as malware.

Ohshyte
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

How did you find which line of code was causing the issues?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community