cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogeshVachhani
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

My antivirus McAfee has started flagging processes as harmful after installing LaragonFull

Hello,
I am using Windows 10 Home Edition protected by McAfee antivirus.

After installing LaragonFull.exe using the URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/laragon/files/releases/4.0/laragon-full.exe

My McAfee keeps showing this messaage: amsi-fileless.png

How to overcome this problem and get my PC to run properly?

One more that I have observed is that now I am not able to open Windows Start Menu by clicking on it and by pressing Win Key.

I am also not able to run any utility like Windows Commander, etc.. Why?

Please help me solve this problem.

Regards,

Yogesh Vachhani

10 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: My antivirus McAfee has started flagging processes as harmful after installing LaragonFull

@YogeshVachhani 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As we observed from the screenshots, this prompt which appeared on the screen is from McAfee intrusion detection.

The intrusion detection is a feature from McAfee which will block any application that tries to access your computer. 

Please let us know the below information to look into this further.

What is the OS version?

What is the McAfee Version installed on your computer?

Were you able to scan your PC for virus without any issues?

If Yes, Please let us know any .exe files have been quarantined by McAfee?

Regards,

Allwyn I 

YogeshVachhani
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: My antivirus McAfee has started flagging processes as harmful after installing LaragonFull

Hello Allwyn,

I am using Win 10 Home edition.

McAfee 16.0 R29.

In Quick Scan McAfee did not find any Issues.

There are no files in Quarantine!

I am trying to attach a few screen shots for your reference.

Alberto780
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hey, did you solve it? Got similar issue

YogeshVachhani
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hello,

It is partially solved after doing a full Scan of my system.

McAfee took around 5 hours to do full scan in my case.

Now some of the applications have started working.

Regards,

Yogesh Vachhani

dc8888
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

the same is happening after i updated to version 16.0 R29. I did not use LaragonFull but it happened. I can not open anything including notepad, calculator also (W10 v1909). Unable to uninstall using appwiz.cpl. Did system restore several times .tried multiple version of windows including 1909,1809 and 20h2 also. Contacted support but they failed to fix.

Please tell us if you are able to open all apps after doing a full scan?

Also please report the issue to the developers. Version R28 was running all ok.

mbr11001
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I am having the same problem. I have restored my system as well and still getting the problem. I have run full scans and the first one found a "js/falsealert.b" file and put it in quarantine and i deleted it. I have done hard reset to my computer per Dell (unplug everything from computer and let it sit and then restart) that let me get back into comoputer, but the problem of not being able to get into my programs returns. THe  mcafee pop keeps coming back saying its stopped something dangerous. I was on the phone with mcafee yesterday and they could not find anything wrong.

I am at a loss, McAfee and Dell cannot solve this. THis is a new computer that I have restored already trying to get it back and still no good.

When i turn off realtime scanning, i am able to work on my computer.

Pls advise

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi @mbr11001 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Please provide us with additional information so that we can look into this further.

1. Please update your McAfee to the latest version
  2. Provide us with the screenshot of the application which you are trying to open when McAfee throws a prompt.
  3. Let us know the version of McAfee after updating.
  4. Apart from McAfee prompt does the application that you are trying to open throw any error message. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

mbr11001
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi thanks for quick response

I had the lastest version of mcafee live safe, all was up to date according to the mcafee tech who took over my computer for awhile yesterday. 

windows 10 if fully updated, 

the tech yesterday could not find anything SR-2894797248

i would get the pop saying preventing something dangerous and i could not open acrobat, quicken, settings, sometimes Edge or it wouldn't let me click on links

i found if i disabled realtime setting, i would be okay and have my computer back.

i just put realtime back on and lost my access again, so i uninstalled lifesafe and have defender running now. seems to be no problem with defender.

when i opened a program, it would say i didn't have access to it.

thanks for any help

Maureen

mbr11001
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

here are some screen shots

IMG_9670.jpgIMG_9672.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community