cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Most recent scan not added to 'Reports and Logs'

I just today (3-20-11) did a complete scan on my laptop in safe mode (just to be safe). It is something I do once in a while. However, it was not recorded in my scan log as last scan completed...just the one I did on 3-1-11. Is this because safe mode disabled or didn't start real time scanning? It should still be recorded as a scan, right?

I have the latest and greatest security center with all updates current. I have Windows XP Pro SP3.

3 Replies
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

Re: Most recent scan not added to 'Reports and Logs'

I think I know what happened.....

When I went to close out my Security Center after the scan, the notification came up "program not responding...wait or end now"...blah blah blah. I waited for the process to end itself and it did'nt, so I clicked to "end now". Of course, it mentioned something about stuff not being saved if I chose that option. Oh well...my loss.

The scan showed no issues, though.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I Know yetserday there was an update issued for mcafee that required a reboot.Did you recieve that and reboot??Not sure if that would affect a scan though.If you open Mcafee click navigation and about you can see if you recieved these updates.I recieved them for virus scan and site advisor.At which time it requested a restart.

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/20/11 12:26:39 PM EDT
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

No update like that yet. My ISP is fairly slow in getting these out...seems like several months. I first got my Security Center updated the end of February.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community