cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob2800
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Mcaffee Will not open

So I got McAfee then later a downloaded something which gave me random stuff on my computer so I recovered it. I then tried to get McAfee again but then after I installed it I could not open it and it would not appear in the task bar. Hold on it did open yeah but I could not do anything with it and also I pressed scan and nothing happened. Also yeah the McAfee thing was not on my task bar. Then I saw other people post similar comments and a person had a link to a technical support thing so I did it and then it said I had 4 missing files, that was a problem that could not be resolved and I also scanned it again and again but the 4 missing files thing could not be resolved, but I do not understand what that means. Then I restarted my computer. McAfee was in the task bar but it will not open. Please help me.

1 Reply
varonica
Contributor II
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcaffee Will not open

To configure the Firewall in McAfee's:

1. Dauble-click on the McAfee "M" icon in the Windows system try, or open McAfee from All Programs
  2. SelectFireall on the main screen
  3. Click on Setting (on the right side of the screen)
  4. Select "Internet Connections for Programs" and click the downward-pointing symbol (V) on the right
  5. Add or Edit CTI Navigator and CTI Update Manager to have Full Control (ensure this is not "Outbound-Only Access")
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community