Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 29

Re: Mcafee virus and spyware protection turned off while updating

Jump to solution

The software updates differently from the way it used to.  You will see activity in the icon by the system clock, then it will stop, for  a while, then resume and eventually the icon will momentarily disappear and then finally reappear.

You certainly could try that but follow the guidelines in the MCPR link in Useful Links at the top of this page.

tondro
Former Member
Message 22 of 29

Jump to solution

my software just updated successfully not too long ago. does the update update virus definitions? cause i saw a link in download.mcafee.com that was the latest virus definitions. also i'm not so sure if my automatic updating actually works...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 29

Jump to solution

It usually is your virus definitions updating, but could be any other components too.   The download links are for Enterprise software only.,  That method doesn't work for consumer software any more.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/09/13 4:36:31 EDT PM
tondro
Former Member
Message 24 of 29

Jump to solution

oh thank you very much you've been a real help since yesterday. i'm very grateful for helping me solve my problems.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 29

Jump to solution

OK, good luck 😉

tondro
Former Member
Message 26 of 29

Jump to solution

oh one more question is it possible that mcafee hasn't made an update for a day? cause when i came home after a long day i click update on my security center and it wasn't getting an update. it's been almost all day and i haven't received any updates yet.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 29

Jump to solution

Yes it's possible.  Updates are silent anyway so you may not have noticed it.   Did you open SecurityCenter and click About to look at all the components to check?   I've known updates to miss a day.

tondro
Former Member
Message 28 of 29

Jump to solution

what do you mean by click About i don't see a button that says that and thanks for anwsering my question once again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 29

Jump to solution

Click this picture to enlarge.  On the older versions you have to click Navigation and then About, if I recall correctly.

Capture.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community