Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tondro
Former Member
Message 11 of 29

Re: Mcafee virus and spyware protection turned off while updating

Jump to solution

no i'm the administrator on my laptop and also i don't understand how mvt was able to detect 13 problems today when yesterday it only detected 2...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 29

Jump to solution

Neither do I except perhaps it has updated its database in-between, but that's only a guess.

tondro
Former Member
Message 13 of 29

Jump to solution

i ran GetSusp to check for malware but it seems that files from steam are suspicious... do you know why? files that are suspicious are from the games : Tribes Ascend, Team Fortress 2 and Steam (which is not a game)

tondro
Former Member
Message 14 of 29

Jump to solution

my antivirus and spyware from mcafee suddenly turned off please help

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 29

Jump to solution

Steam files have sometimes been detected in the past so that could be it.   Have you anything in your regular software's Quarantine folders and if so it is labelled by any chance as "Artemis!......" ?

You'll find the folders in Navigation, then scroll down to Quarantiuned and Trusted Items.

tondro
Former Member
Message 16 of 29

Jump to solution

no i don't and i just restarted my laptop and it seems that the problem got fixed... mcafee virus and spyware suddenly turned off randomly

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 29

Jump to solution

So now it's OK or what?

tondro
Former Member
Message 18 of 29

Jump to solution

yea now it's ok also i'm sorry that i'm annoying you with all my questions but is it normal that mcods.exe suddenly turns off on its own?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 29

Jump to solution

No but I have seen it happen during an update but it's only momentary usually.   The other reasons would include either infection or software corruption.

Don't spologise, I'm just glad you are OK  now.

tondro
Former Member
Message 20 of 29

Jump to solution

i think i have to reinstall mcafee because when i was having a manual update, it was downloading and then suddenly canceled i kept clicking update but this time it wasn't downloading i'm currently running malwarebytes to find a virus if there are any also i've run stinger and it didn't find an issue

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community