That my build but No office so cannot confirm
I'm now at:
McAfee Total Protection with Safe Connect 16.0 R38
VirusScan updated 9/28/21 Build 25.1.140
This build did not fix my Office Home and Business 2013
Update: I've logged into my McAfee account, downloaded the current install file, uninstalled McAfee, rebooted (part of the uninstall process), reinstalled from the downloaded install file, and that seems to have resolved the Excel issue. Thank goodness.
Thank you @p8er. I followed your instructions and it worked for me as well for MS Office 2010.
1. Downloaded the latest installation file from my McAfee account.
2. Uninstalled McAfee Total Protection, include removing all the files.
3. Reboot, Test if Excel opens without any issue, and it did open very quickly. BTW: I also realized how fast my computer is without McAfee running.
4. Install McAfee from the installation just downloaded.
5. Reboot, and Excel still opens quickly after 24 hours.
VirusScan build 25.1.140, Engine creation date 10/2/2021, Engine Version: 4577.0
I digress, I've been using Norton and Avast for decades, never had an issue like this. This is the first year I thought giving McAfee a try and bought a subscription. Probably will be the last, because I've never had an antivirus software that kept me from using productive applications on my computer.
Thanks for pushing a full re-install of Mcafee. Solved the problem with opening Excel 2010 on my Windows 10 machine.
Just for the record for the better part of 2 decades I've been using McAfee and never had a problem like this before. Thanks for the help.
Still have the same issue, thinking on moving to another software.
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: