Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TArnold1
Contributor
Message 21 of 47

Re: Mcafee Real Time Scanning not allowing Excel & Word files to open

Jump to solution

On another thread, I had posted a scenario where two of my PCs had received updates this week, and one no longer demonstrated the problem, and the other one still did. 

I uninstalled and re-installed Total Protection, and the PC that had the problem no longer has issues opening Word or Excel files.

The latest updates (SecurityCentre 19.7.126 (updated Sept 6) and VirusScan 25.0.134 (updated Sept 7)) seemed to have resolved the problem for me. 

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 22 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi @Peacekeeper 

We regret the inconvenience.

Our engineering team is still investigating and working as fast as to provide resolution to fix the issue. We will keep you posted as we receive the updates on the same.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

harold40291
Contributor II
Message 23 of 47

Jump to solution

thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 47

Jump to solution

Mate I help here am not having the issue as no office so  only helping out.

agmkhl
Contributor
Message 25 of 47

Jump to solution

Why were my posts removed?

John6
Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Jump to solution

I open Task Manager and start killing McAfee processes.  Most of the processes cannot be stopped, but some can.   It seems to work better than turning off all scanning.  Looking forward to a proper fix.  

This bug should have been captured in testing and should not have made it to end users.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 27 of 47

Jump to solution

I'm running the same version and build and it has not fixed the issue for me as of yet (9/17/2021).

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member 

We regret the inconvenience.

Our engineering team is still investigating and working as fast as to provide resolution to fix the issue. We will keep you posted as we receive the updates on the same.

Regards

Magesh J

SamW
Contributor
Message 29 of 47

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact problem but with MS Office 2010. I posted my issue in this thread McAfee Support Community - Real Time Scanning , Can't Open Excel & Word on Mi... - McAfee Support Co..., but looks like multiple threads are opened.

The VirusScan on my install is Build 25.0.134 Last Update 9/20/2021 Engine version 4546.0 Version 25.0. Still does not work and need to kill EXCEL.EXE in Task Manager and disable Real-Time Scanning to open Excel spreadsheets.

dg555
Contributor II
Message 30 of 47

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue. I posted a thread 08/25/21 and am still waiting for a solution. Please keep us updated.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community