Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sosaravi
Contributor
Message 11 of 47

Re: Mcafee Real Time Scanning not allowing Excel & Word files to open

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. In my research, It turns out that we have to turn off some configurations from McAfee, but if I turn off the "Real-time scanning". There's a message that my machine is at risk. Then what is the purpose of this anti-virus then?

harold40291
Contributor II
Message 12 of 47

Jump to solution

It was posted that you can turn off real time scanning, open a blank sheet in Microsoft Excel and leave open, then turn the scanning back on. This allows me to open files with no problem in my 2016 Version of Office. However, I did not get this to work in Word but luckily I do not need word as much. Sadly, this is causing a lot of productivity loss to many customers and Mcafee needs to fix this ASAP.  I understand your frustration!

creinsch
Contributor II
Message 13 of 47

Jump to solution

Maybe I missed it, but when McAfee issues updates, do they identify changes, or, as in this case, fixes?

The Virus Scan update this morning seems to have fixed, at least on my system, the problem opening Excel and Word files.

Also, is there any way to merge threads in the forum that discuss identical issues so that notice of fixes are shared to all interested parties?

p8er
Contributor III
Message 14 of 47

Jump to solution

The update doesn't seem to have fixed it for me, I'm using Office 2013.

FGol
Contributor
Message 15 of 47

Jump to solution

What build version is the update please?

creinsch
Contributor II
Message 16 of 47

Jump to solution

Build 24.7.157

(I should have included this earlier)

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 47

Jump to solution

@creinsch 

Mcafee does not usually post what fixes are. When we volunteers were here as Mods we used to get change info from our contacts and post that here. There are I understand a lot of small changes and private internal security changes that are not really of a publishing kind but McAfee mods here do publish when updates fix a current issue. Sometime as we see here the users do that first.

Now I need to tell my son as he has been nagging me to tell him when this is fixed.

Re merging there used to be that option but it became unwieldy and replies would get mixed up thus that option was removed. Now it is normal practice to point the poster to the main thread.

FGol
Contributor
Message 18 of 47

Jump to solution

Build 24.7.157

Thank you!

GlennA
Contributor
Message 19 of 47

Jump to solution

When will a fix be applied to remedy the issue with Office 2013. 

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 47

Jump to solution

@Sudharsanam_G1 

Assistance required for these users

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community