cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windows7Forever
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Mcafee Antivirus Plus Won't Install On Windows 7 Anymore

Every time I try to install Mcafee Antivirus Plus on my Windows 7 Professional computer it gives me this error:

Mcafee Error #1.png

I tried to find solutions to this weird error and found nothing on Google, the Mcafee forums, or Mcafee's support site. I already went through the support steps shown here:

https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS102265&page=shell&shell=article-view

I was trying to reinstall Mcafee because I couldn't update the virus definitions on my previous installation of Mcafee Antivirus Plus. Every time I tried to update it would tell me I was offline when my internet connection was working fine. So I uninstalled Mcafee Antivirus Plus and removed all files associated with it using the MCPR.exe tool and I made sure to run the PreInstall.exe tool as well. I followed this tutorial and tried to install Mcafee Antivirus Plus with a fresh install with the newest installer which was called McAfeeSetup-AutoLogin.exe when I downloaded it from here:

Link:

https://download.mcafee.com

Download:

https://home.mcafee.com/Downloads/SmartDownload.aspx?appaffid=1274&productkey=D0B2ADD5-5FE3-48B2-BC5...

But for some reason, this web installer always fails with the error pictured above. Maybe you guys could give me an older installer for Windows 7 because when I installed Mcafee Antivirus Plus the first time it was a different installer and it worked fine. But every time I try to reinstall Mcafee Antivirus Plus from my subscriptions from my account it gives me this bugged installer instead of the original one that I used to install Mcafee Antivirus Plus the first time. I read from here that Windows 7 only supports version 16.0.31 of Mcafee because it is the most recent McAfee Windows security product version to support Windows 8.0 and Windows 7 and I don't think the new installer can install this version. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

7 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mcafee Antivirus Plus Won't Install On Windows 7 Anymore

Hi @Windows7Forever 

We are sorry for the trouble. Pleas try the below steps 

Open inetcpl.cpl from run window. 

Go to security tab > Find the tab custom level > find Launching programs in an I frame > Disable that and click ok 

Regards

Magesh J

Windows7Forever
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Magesh 

I tried changing the settings in inetcpl.cpl like you said and it still gives me the same error when trying to install Mcafee Antivirus Plus. Just to confirm I changed the setting "Launching Programs And Files In An IFRAME" from the default value Prompt (Recommended) to Disable but it did not fix my issue.

Mcafee Error #3.png

If the Mcafee Antivirus Plus installer uses Internet Explorer 11 to download and install then that might be the issue since the official Mcafee Support website doesn't support Internet Explorer 11 anymore. I have Microsoft Edge installed but for some reason this installer doesn't use it. Is there another installer that I can use to install Mcafee Antivirus Plus on Windows 7? Or are there any other settings that have to be changed in Internet Explorer 11 so that the installation can continue? Just so you know my default web browser is Firefox, but I don't know if that affects anything. Thanks again for your fast reply, hopefully we can figure out this issue because this is the first time I have ever seen this error with Mcafee products.

Mcafee Error #2.png

Windows7Forever
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

So what do I do now? I am still getting the error "This Conent Cannot Be Displayed In A Frame" every time I run the McAfee Antivirus Installer on Windows 7.

Windows7Forever
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Happy New Year Mcafee! Let's make 2022 a productive year by actually responding to support requests on these forums. It's been 2 weeks without a response and I still can't install Mcafee Antivirus Plus on Windows 7 because of your broken internet installer. Please send me an installer that doesn't require the internet. When I had Mcafee Antivirus Plus installed the first time it used a different installer that was way better than this McafeeSetup-AutoLogin.exe broken garbage!! I am still getting the error I posted above. What do I do now?

misa
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

It didn't work for me
misa
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Were you able to find a solution. Please let us know.

I tried to call help desk and they just wasted 1 hour of my time without fixing the problem.

Windows7Forever
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi @misa 

I have not found a solution yet. It seems the problem is on Mcafee's end since it shows that error message right before it is about to download Mcafee Antivirus Plus. I think their online installer is broken, they need to give us the old one they used to use to install Mcafee because that one worked fine when I first installed Mcafee.

Yeah don't bother calling Mcafee, they are garbage when it comes to fixing problems by phone and you will just waste your time, phone minutes, and money. Our best bet is to wait until they respond to this forum and tell us the solution or until they give us a working installer. So Mcafee what do we do to fix this problem? Your last response from @Magesh didn't work. So stop ignoring us and give us some support here and tell us how to really fix the problem, because this is getting ridiculous!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community