cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steadyonabix
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Mcafee All Access "Verify Subscription" instructions needed.

Hi

I just renewed my subscription for the first time and have printed the pop up window of instructions on how to do this on a Win 7 PC.

Luckily I still have a Win 7 machine so this will be useful for that.

As for my MAC and Win 8 machines ....

1) Does anyone know how to "Verify" on those and get rid of the warning that my subscription is about to expire?

2) Does anyone know if this is something I will need to do to my phones as well?

3) Does Mcafee have any plans to update the instructions for this for more modern OS's than Win 7?

4) Wouldn't it be much better to handle this from my account page online?

Thaks for any help

Brad

5 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mcafee All Access "Verify Subscription" instructions needed.

Hi Brad

I am still running XP so I cannot speak for Win 7 or Win 8 but I am sure McAfee will be updating the information in question very soon.

You could telephone Technical Support for help and they could get you up and running. Support is available 24 hours a day.

I need to update my own setup especially with EOL of XP this April

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/16/14 11:39:23 AM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Basically you can do it by right-clicking the desktop Notification Area icon (by the clock) and selecting it from the ensuing menu.   This applies to any Windows system including 8 (just go the Desktop Aoo).

Failiing that open SecurityCenter and click the Subscriptions link and go from there.

I'm sorry but am totally unfamiliar with MAC's so can't advise you there but would imagine it's similar.

Or you can call Customer Service free of charge and have them sort it out.  The link is under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Technical Support is also linked there and is free of charge to call or use their online chat.

The FAQ's are coinstantly updating but if you have found one that is hopelessly out of date please could you post the URL for it or the TS number so I can report it?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/03/14 11:45:53 EDT AM
steadyonabix
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi Tom. Thanks but I'd rather stay off the phone.

Peter's answer seems to fit the bill for me.

Cheers for responding so quickly.

steadyonabix
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi Peter.

Thanks, thst should do the trick I think.

The mac seems to have picked up the renewal by itself so no worries there.

Cheers

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Normally it's automatic, just takes a little while to filter through that's all.   All the best 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community