cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 74

Re: McSvHost.exe McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and must close

Ok 2 questions.

1. Any1 else seeing less instances of the error?

2. As I asked I am interested in a listing of non standard programs you have installed maybe a pic of your add remove programs list or of your task manager list re processes loaded.

cutswood
Former Member
Message 32 of 74

Have removed Netguard and not experienced any instances but too early to say problem eliminated as the occurence was spasmodic.

Very happy to send info relating to installed software/loaded processes for your perusal.What is the procedure for doing this?

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 74

Problem is yours appears to be netguard related so software installed not applicable. thanks for the offer. This is unless It returns then Private message me and I will tell you what to send.

jennyg
Former Member
Message 34 of 74

I've been getting the same message for months now and it seems to be occurring more frequently each day.  I copied the details I could find in the error message this afternoon which I once again reported to MIcrosoft: 

4thMarch 2012

C:\DOCUME~1\JENNYG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5d8d.dir00\McSvHost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\JENNYG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5d8d.dir00\appcompat.txt

Error signature:

szAppName: McSvHost.exe     szAppVer :2.0.230.0     szModName : unknown    

szModVer : 0.0.0.0     offset : 062bb447   

I don't know if this means anything to anyone, but I'd be interested to hear if it does.

My PC is an Acer Veriton S460 Standard, O/S Windows XP and the only anti-virus I have is McAfee.  I browse using Firefox. 

Peacekeeper
Message 35 of 74

Seems same error. Do you get a popup error as well?

Have you tried disabling netguard a setting within the firewall settings?

Have you tried defragging your drives and running chkdsk /r on C drive. that was supposed to fix 2 users so tech support says.

If none of them  I am intereste din your add/remove programs list of installed programs.

jennyg
Former Member
Message 36 of 74

I get a pop-up which says that McAfee has encountered a problem etc. It then gives me the option to DeBug, or to Send/Don't Send Error Report to Microsoft.

As I'm not computer savvy Tony, you'll have to pardon my ignorance, but is Netguard a Windows Firewall setting, or is it in McAfee?

I'm quite fastidious when it comes to defragging but wouldn't know how to go about running chkdsk/r.

I'm happy to send you a list of my Add/Remove programs but don't know how to copy what's there into this post! 

Peacekeeper
Message 37 of 74

1. netguard is found by opening Mcafee security centre (the red shield bottom right of screen). open email and web protection/Firewall and netguard and untick it and apply.l see if that stops it if it does not reenable it please.

2.To checkdsk c: /r open a command prompt and type that. Command prompt is in accessories. It will say have to do it next reboot so reboot and have a cup of tea while you wait. It will take a while.

3. What I need to check programs list is you open add remove programs in control panel and take a pic psated into paint or similiar program of the list. It may take a few pics to cover it. Insert them here in the forum or if you want to keep them private say so and I will email you my address.

BTW what are your PC specs ie cpu and ram amount

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/03/12 6:45:11 AM
laurah
Former Member
Message 38 of 74

Mcafee2.bmpHi,

Here is a screen shot of the message I get almost every single day on my PC. Windows XP Media Version 5.1, Service Pack 3.

If you need further information about my programs, please send me info to mail it privately. Thank you.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 21/04/12 17:09:20 IST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 39 of 74

Hi laurah,

I see you're still having this problem - you posted about it at the beginning of March. I've seen this once or twice, but not very often. When it happens again, could you click on the "click here" text in the error box to get some of the technical information? In similar cases I've been able to get some useful clues from the message boxes that then come up. If you could then post another screenshot of those boxes we might be able to pass some information on to the McAfee techs to help you solve this.

I take it you're clicking on "Send error report", in order to send information back to Microsoft? If they get enough of these reports it bumps the problem up their priority list, and eventually they'll pick up the phone (or the mouse) and get in touch with McAfee to help sort it out. Well, I would like to think so anyway.

Off-topic : in your post there's a big empty space at the end. Out of curiosity I looked at the HTML and then the underlying content, and there appears to be another image there with nothing in it. I'm not going to mess with your post, but would you like to go into Edit mode and see if you can see it too?

(Edit - I removed the screenshot, which is now no longer required - see post below)

Message was edited by: Hayton on 26/04/12 19:18:36 IST
laurah
Former Member
Message 40 of 74

Hi Hayton,

Thanks for your help...I guess I really do need it. In regards to your last comment first, I see how I could edit this reply to you, but I fail to see an option to edit my post to delete the empty image box.  That had been my first attempt at pasting screen shot, and it came up blank.  If you want to delete it for me, to save room, please feel free.

I do send the error report, probably 8 times out of a dozen.  I have done th "click here" before and thought that it simply indicated the type of information that would be sent.  I will do as you suggested and click on tht next time and post it here.

Thank you again for your help!

Happy weekend!

Laura

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community