cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truelies
Former Member
Message 11 of 74

Re: McSvHost.exe McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and must close

I disabled the net guard and uninstalled the site advisor, not help at all. If Mcafee can't solve it, the only way I can do is uninstall the whole software.

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 74

I suppose it is worth t uninstall this will be  a test that way Mcafee will have that as a no no to look at. Would you be interested in contacting Support and discussing this issue with them? (contact method in useful links tab above)

Do an uninstall reinstall 1st via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

reinstall from your account.

I have asked about this issue again in our Monday call so will update if I hear anything.There seems to be at least two mcsvhost issues and two causes

theoryshaw
Former Member
Message 13 of 74

From the quote below, Netguard seems like it's pretty important.  Seems like disabling it, is not the 'best' solution.

"You can protect your PC from connecting to risky sites, and also block incoming connection requests from risky sites. Risky sites can be used by hackers and spammers to harm your PC." from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/5/1033/GUID-18745627-DEC4-4143-AFDA-6B7F25C472F1.html

Message was edited by: theoryshaw on 1/12/12 9:29:36 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 74

Yes it is but as mentioned IF and I mean IF netguard helps the issue uninstalling Siteadvisor and installing the beta SA will do teh same thing. that way netguard does not need to be disabled.

This does not help those above who seem to have another cause to the issue

See post 10 for the SA download link

on 13/01/12 6:39:07 AM
kampolis86
Former Member
Message 15 of 74

Hello all, I get the "McAfee Host has stopped working" error every time I turn on my pc and a "Synchronization Application has stopped working" error every time McAfee Internet Security tries to check for updates. Both happen for about a month now and reinstalling McAfee Internet Security or deactivating Net Guard  didn't help.

coldfusion
Former Member
Message 16 of 74

I uninstalled alcohol 120%  v2.0.1.2033 (latest version of last year) and my mchost and sync problems disappeared on windows xp sp3 fully patched to date.

Using mcafee internet security using the latest updates. No errors after removing alcohol. Also I think I was not able to uninstall mcafee in the controle panel of windows xp. Now I can see the software in the controle panel, this a I THINK thing, dont want to reinstall all the stuff again. Used norton on my other windows xp and no problems there. :S

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 74

So Mcafee stable now? I have asked Mcafee to pass this workaround up the line and to see why the clash happens.

theoryshaw
Former Member
Message 18 of 74

i also uninstalled Alcohol 120%, and so far, no problems. thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 74

Thanks for that info. If you have any further issue please post back .

coldfusion
Former Member
Message 20 of 74

running stable.

I tried installing alcohol again and error is back. I also mailed alcohol support team with this link. Who knows they might check it out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community