Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjvanka
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

I'm a McAfee newbie and confronted with an unexpected problem:
The McShield (OAS) program interferes with the AVS Audio Editor on my PC. Starting the editor takes 90s -- the time McShield needs to scan the program file. It seems not possible to add the AVS editor to a 'trusted list' and so prevent repeated unnecessary scanning. I wonder if there is a known workaround. Tnx in advance!

VS version 13.15 (3-User McAfee Internet Security); OS: Vista.
Event log: A thread in process C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe took longer than 90000 ms to complete a request. The process will be terminated. Thread id : 3404 (0xd4c)
Thread address : 0x1206ABA9 Thread message : Object being scanned = \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSAudioEditor\AVSAudioEditor.exe by C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
Labels (1)
2 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

instead of work arounds the best way would be to submit the file detected to www.webimmune.net .
jjvanka
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: RE: McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

Just did and added the info I posted here. Tnx

That was yesterday.

'Research' hasn't found anything irregular in the editor file. Hopefully 'Support' (which I contacted now) comes up with that 'trusted list' or something.

Much later:

I understood that the file's manufacturer now has modified the file.  And solved the problem.

Edited by: jjvanka on 11/7/10 11:30:00 PM CET
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community