Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 25

Re: McShield.exe has stopped unexpectedly, OnAccess Scanner randomly turns off

Jump to solution

I'm afraid to admit but over the years I have simply taken to ignoring it completely as invariably it's a false alarm, at least in my case.  Simply something slow to start I assume.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 12 of 25

Jump to solution

I'm sorry for being repetitive, but then again, I just want to be sure, so will you kindly please answer my following questions again, Ex_Brit?

1) Do you still experience this with the latest build of McAfee Security Center?

2) Does it have a red pop up saying your computer is at risk when OAS was turned off?

3) Does it interfere with full screen apps when the pop up came up? I was not able to test this yet.

4) Can you be so kind to escalate this to the Techs so they can look into it? Perhaps do something to at least mask over the annoying pop ups for now. As far as I know, we cannot turn off the alerts at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 25

Jump to solution

deathstalker wrote:

I'm sorry for being repetitive, but then again, I just want to be sure, so will you kindly please answer my following questions again, Ex_Brit?

1) Do you still experience this with the latest build of McAfee Security Center?    No, not recently

2) Does it have a red pop up saying your computer is at risk when OAS was turned off? It did sometimes

3) Does it interfere with full screen apps when the pop up came up? I was not able to test this yet.  Not that I have noticed but I don't use many apps - mostly I'm in my browser and email only.

4) Can you be so kind to escalate this to the Techs so they can look into it? Perhaps do something to at least mask over the annoying pop ups for now. As far as I know, we cannot turn off the alerts at the moment.

Thanks in advance!   They are aware of it but I will ask someone to look in here if you wish,  This sort of thing can onjly be sorted out by you haveing a session with a technician.  I will email my contact.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/07/13 8:10:38 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 25

Jump to solution

OK I just emailed my Support contact...no idea how long it will take though as they are half way around the world from me.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 15 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks, man! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 25

Jump to solution

OK, good luck 😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/07/13 9:38:20 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 25

Jump to solution

Moved to VirusScan sub-section for better support.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 18 of 25

Jump to solution

Ok, I've monitored it for awhile and for almost 4 days, nothing wrong happens. But yesterday night, McShield.exe crashed again, once. It crashed again once, today afternoon.

I've sifted through the event logs and found a new entry that may be linked to this. I hope the techs can take note.

System

-Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service

[ Guid] {89B1E9F0-5AFF-44A6-9B44-0A07A7CE5845}

EventID1530

Version0

Level3

Task0

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-07-26T11:52:51.493447000Z

EventRecordID4962

-Correlation

[ ActivityID] {0350DC60-F800-0004-873B-21A9E389CE01}

-Execution

[ ProcessID] 600

[ ThreadID] 556

ChannelApplication

Computer**************

-Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
-EventData

Detail2 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2709423907-2311969101-1457089261-1000: Process 2288 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\PROGRA~2\McAfee\SITEAD~1\mcsacore.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2709423907-2311969101-1457089261-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} Process 2288 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\PROGRA~2\McAfee\SITEAD~1\mcsacore.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2709423907-2311969101-1457089261-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} 

Now this entry was a few hours BEFORE the crash happened. I wonder it may have anything to do with it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 25

Jump to solution

I'm hoping someone will chip in their support here, I asked for it.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 20 of 25

Jump to solution

As for the actual error messages themselves, they are the same ones like the ones I posted before. Something about ole32.dll being the fault. I hope McAfee techs can step into this case and investigate if possible as it's annoying when it crashes randomly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community