Did you mean: 
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 24

Re: McAfeeRansomwareInterceptorWin32.exe

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

Thank you for the update. Steam has mentioned that it could be a Microsoft issue at first and now they are stating about McAfee Real Time scans causing this issue.

If possible, can you have a word with Microsoft as its related to VC++ runtime library. This issue is not reported by any other users. If its McAfee causing this issue it will impact lot of users, then there would be many users contacting us since Steam is widely used all over the world.

Also, please let us know if McAfee quarantines any Steam related files when trying to login to Steam's Boot Strapper.

Regards,
Madhan M

pcolafladwd
Contributor III
Message 12 of 24

Jump to solution

@Madhan  

Microsoft Support is of no bleeping help as I had asked Them a Question on why Their Two Recommended August 11, 2020 Windows 8.1 Updates had "crashed"  My LapTop that I posted on August 12, 2020. So far, NO Reply.  "Crashed", as in, the Login Screen keeps stating that My Password that I entered is "Invalid"; even though, I been using That Password for YEARS on the LapTop. I even changed the Password using My Desktop and STILL... "Invalid". So, as You can probably see, I don't like nor "trust" Microsoft Support. 

Right now, the Full Scan is at 56% Complete, Found and Fixed 7 Issues.  However, Those "Issues" looked like that They were on My External Hard Drive.  My Ponder is that why "Issues" on My External Hard Drive when the "Files" came from My Main Computer's Hard Drive...? Oh well, have about 44% more to go before restarting and such. 

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

Thanks for the update. Let the scan run completely and once its done, check if there are pending Windows updates. If there are any, please update. Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

pcolafladwd
Contributor III
Message 14 of 24

Jump to solution

@Madhan 

Before the Scan and After the Scan, there were no Windows Updates'. 

The Main "Issue" was on the Hard Drive but was not in the Steam's Folder Area and the Other "Issues" that were on My External Hard Drive was just "Copies" because They were all embedded in the File History. 

Tried Googling for any "Solution" to the: ...  

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...e RansomwareInterceptor\McAfeeRansomwareInterceptorWin32.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\misc\dbgdel.cpp
Line: 52

Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse) ... 

but nothing made any sense or the "Links" were not available. 

I looked at the, "File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\misc\dbgdel.cpp" but I don't have anything/ USB Stick Plugged into My USB Drive F Port.  

I did contact Steam again and gave Them This:  

Message from you on Aug 18 @ 10:54pm 
I share My Computer and My Friend that has a Steam Account back in January 2020 ( I think ) does NOT have the same "Issue" when He comes over to visit that I am experiencing. Also, the "Issue" happens RIGHT AFTER I LOGIN and NOT when trying to Play/ Launch a Game; thus, makes the "Verify Game Cache Files" very useless.

Files attached: Steam-Before-Login_jpeg.jpg Steam-After-Login_jpeg.jpg

pcolafladwd
Contributor III
Message 15 of 24

Jump to solution

@Madhan 

Here is Steam's typical Response when I called Them out about how the Issue is after I Login and NOT Launching any Games' and that a Friend uses My Computer when They come to visit and has NO Issues' when Logging into Their Steam Account:  

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

Did you friend who has no issues with Steam, have McAfee installed on his computer?. Also, there are no other users reported the same. If the issue is from McAfee end, then there would be many users seeking help through Community or Support since Steam is widely used by many people.

Regards,
Madhan M

pcolafladwd
Contributor III
Message 17 of 24

Jump to solution

@Madhan 

I do not know if My Friend has McAfee on His Computer.  I stated that He uses MY Computer when he visits and has NO issue when he logs-in.   Then, Steam just closes the "Help Ticket" and continues on like it is not their fault, naturally.  

So, with Microsoft Support being of NO help and Google-ing the "Issue" is leading to nowhere, I am just clicking on the Abort Button because of no help and It is never Their Fault but Others'. 

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

Thanks for the update.

When your friend uses his account to sign in on your computer, it works fine and he has no issues. So, this issue is related to Steam. In case McAfee is causing this issue, then it shouldn't allow you or even your friend to sign in. 

You have already mentioned that you are not getting help from Steam and also from Microsoft. But there is no other go, please contact Steam again and explain the situation to take this further.

Regards,
Madhan M 

pcolafladwd
Contributor III
Message 19 of 24

Jump to solution

@Madhan 

And have Them "close" that "Help Ticket" too...? 

Message from you on Aug 18 @ 10:54pm 
I share My Computer and My Friend that has a Steam Account back in January 2020 ( I think ) does NOT have the same "Issue" when He comes over to visit that I am experiencing. Also, the "Issue" happens RIGHT AFTER I LOGIN and NOT when trying to Play/ Launch a Game; thus, makes the "Verify Game Cache Files" very useless.

Files attached: Steam-Before-Login_jpeg.jpg Steam-After-Login_jpeg.jpg

Message from Steam Support on Aug 19 @ 6:51pm 
Hey there,

We have provided all the available information in our previous message. Since there's not much more that I can say or do to be of help with this particular issue, I am going to close this help request.

If you have questions on an unrelated issue, please create a new help request and we will be happy to help you.

Running on coffee,
Lucio
This help request has been closed.  

On Another Note:  I tried using the already Downloaded McAfee Malware Cleaner on My LapTop but It gave Me the, "Software Expired", Message and I thought that You told Me that I could use It on any other PC. 

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

Please create another ticket with Steam and provide all the relevant info to them. Please don't use Malware Cleaner toll that was already downloaded since there may be some changes done to the program. Download using the link below,

McAfee Malware Cleaner Tool

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community