Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angus-miller101
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee keeps quarantining my program when ever I run it

Jump to solution

So I am a fairly new software developer and whenever I run a program I have created, McAfee quarantines it. I have tried excluding the file but whenever I change anything in the program, the file still gets quarantined and taken out of excluded files. This gets really annoying having to restore the file every time than put back into excluded files. Is there any thing I can do to prevent this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee keeps quarantining my program when ever I run it

Jump to solution

Hello @angus-miller101 

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please follow the below McAfee Article that has steps on how to whitelist your software.

How to submit your company's software to be considered for whitelisting

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @angus-miller101 

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please follow the below McAfee Article that has steps on how to whitelist your software.

How to submit your company's software to be considered for whitelisting

Regards,
Madhan M

sean5900xt
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I don't see how that helps him. He said he's a fairly new software dev working on his own stuff, and changing the code frequently. He would have to submit his app or whatever it is every time he compiled a different version lol.

This is another reason I've made no use of the remaining ~year on my livesafe sub. I remember whitelisting EXE's, only to have McAfee flag them as unsafe the next time it did a scan. 

I was going to just add the folder with these programs in it as a exclusion for McAfee but that's still something you can't do. Just add one file at a time to exclude lol.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community