Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirag
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

McAfee is snoozing

Jump to solution

Before anyone ask.Yes I did read and try the solutions that are posted in other discussions, but noe of them work.

Restarting doesn't work, I'm unable to uninstall it, restoring my computer to a time where it did work doesn't work, the McAfee fix it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kirag
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

Re: McAfee is snoozing

Jump to solution

I fixed it. I had to restore my computer to its factory settings and it working now.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Did you download and run the MCPR cleanup tool and try that after the usual Control Panel method failed?

If that failed then I would call Technical Support or use their online chat - it's free and available via Useful Links at the top of this page because the only other way of removing McAfee is to go through a really long and involved registry cleanup.

By the way I'm assuming it's the normal consumer products that you are talking about as you give absolutely no details.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/01/13 8:02:41 EST PM
anand06
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Sorry for the trouble you’re facing the McAfee, could Please confirm the following details to offer you further workaround.

What is the computer's operating system?

What is the Version of Mcafee security center version?
How is your computer connected to internet (Dsl, cable)?
Do you have any other antivirus software installed on the computer?

Did you make any recent changes for the computer?

What is the Error message while uninstalling McAfee product?

kirag
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

"

I hate to break it to you but none of the solutions you stated work. I even had Dell and McAfee tech support representatives trying to fix the problem with "GoToAssist" where they can view my screen and control my mouse and keyboard. We uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled and deleted all traces of McAfee then reinstalled it , we also tried McAfee fix it and it didn't work either. The only thing that the steps that I listed did was turn on McAfee because before we did any of those things McAfee was "snoozing"."

I what I said as a reply to a different discussion.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Kirag unless you answer the questions we ask, there is nothing we can do for you here.  That last post of yours makes no sense.

You assume we are clairvoyant.

kirag
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

I did download and run the MCPR cleanup tool and it didn't work. I contacted  Technical Support and used online chat we tried the registry cleanup, but hat didn't fix the problem.

I have a Windows 7 OS, I don't know the version of McAfee security center that I have my laptop came with it installed, I have a wireless connection,I do not have another antivirus software,recent change to my computer would be:creating a backup disk,windows update,and my computer turned off. I did not receive an error message.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

The trouble is from your posts I really don't know what the problem is.   "Snoozing" - doesn't make sense, can you clarify what you mean please.

Double-click your taskbar McAfee icon and then click About ort Navigation > About (depends on version) then post what it says for SecurityCenter

Right-click Computer on your dekstop or in your Start Menu and go to Properties - does that say Windows 7 Service Pack 1?

As McAfee relies heavily on Internet Explorer - make sure you have IE9 installed and that it is set to its default settings.

Don't use registry cleaners without professional help as they will surely destroy your machine eventually.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/01/13 5:19:10 EST PM
kirag
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

I have EI9 and I have Windows 7 Servies pack 1. The McAfee icon in my taskbar doesn't work/ won't work. I can not access McAfee at all, but when I open the file location it says version 11.6.434.0 does that help?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

OK thanks.  Sounds OK version-wise but I wonder what is stopping that software from opening.

What happened when you tried uninstalling in the normal way - via Control panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program?

What happened when you ran MCPR?

I really don't know what to suggest except contact Technical Support again and escalate the case.  They will do that if you ask.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/01/13 5:59:16 EST PM
kirag
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

When I tried to uninstall it witht he control pannel it wouldn't load at first it took 5-10 minutes for it to show up. MCPR just removed the files and I restarted and downloaded McAfee again, and it still show up as a blank window.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community