cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parker2332
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee always found Virus when I use pyinstaller3 to pack my Python script

when i use pyinstaller3 to pack my python script(with PYQT5), McAfee always alert me the runw.exe file found virus and then delete this bootloader file .

the pyinstaller is download from official website , i have no idea why this happen , and also i try this with my workmates computer , same thing happen .

so could you pls help me to settle this problem ?

thank you very much .

3 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee always found Virus when I use pyinstaller3 to pack my Python script

@Parker2332 

Please let us know which version of McAfee is installed on your device.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
NateDeGreat
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Hey @Parker2332,

I did some digging around and found that people also had some other issues of it getting detected as a Trojan by AVG and when the file is put into Virus Total it came back with 11/61 AV’s thought this was a Trojan. I know this isn’t the answer you’re probably looking for, just wanted to give you more information on your problem.

Edit: Apparently the person who wrote the article files made a claim to AVG and they responded fairly quickly, analyzing the file and saying it’s not a virus so you should be good. (Here’s a link to the website where I read the article if you want to have a look)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43777106/program-made-with-pyinstaller-now-seen-as-a-trojan-hors...

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 4

@Parker2332 

We request you to follow our article and exclude the Python files/application from the Real time scanning and check the issue status

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community