cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McGyver55
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Update deleted Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Problem: After auto-updating, apparently McAfee thinks Ultimate Unwrap 3D (a legitimate application I've been using for years) is a virus and has repeatedly deleted it.

I need to use this program yesterday to finish a project and trying to solve this on my own isn't working... How do I fix this without compromising whatever security McAfee is actually providing?

What happened:   Technically it probably quarantined it, but the hell I know where that is... In the middle of being used the 3D UV mapping program, which I've been using for years suddenly quit with NO explanation... The shortcuts didn't work, saying the program was "changed or moved"... After attempting to reinstall the program FIVE times and each time having the application quit and disappear with NO notification (mind you this took place over three hours), I accidentally did something that caused McAfee to show a notification saying "We Stopped 5 viruses"... Conveniently, when I clicked "Tell me more" the message disappeared never to be seen again... thus telling me NOTHING, except that McAfee was involved...

Going through McAfee's wonderful menus and reports is useless... the only thing of use any ordinary user can glean from the reports is a correlation in the timings... (program quit at 2:30, "virus" stopped at 2:30)... What is an ordinary user going to do with a report on "Real Protect-SS! FEB83FDCF226"... what does that mean to anyone?  

How about-  Ultimate Unwrap 3D -Quarantined- at 2:30.... ? 

If this was a virus how would I know what what program or file it was that I was trying to infect my computer with if it, 1- Doesn't immediately tell of a problem and 2- Doesn't identify the problem so I don't keep trying to repeat the problem. 

Is there some nebulous undefined logic in that?

Anyway:  Sorry for my irritation, and Thank You in advance for any help or suggestions you may be able to provide.

3 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Update deleted Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Hello @McGyver55 

We are sorry that a legit application is being marked as suspicious and deleted by McAfee.
This could be False Positive and needs to be communicated with the concern team to get it whitelisted.

Please follow the below article to raise a False Positive dispute.
How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

Let us know if it solves the issue.

Regards,
Bharani

McGyver55
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your response...

I’m not sure what is meant by (on the linked page), “If you think that a file has been falsely detected, submit a sample...” 

This is an application, a program for UV mapping 3D objects... the wording implies something akin to a file like an .OBJ, .pdf or .Jpeg... not an entire program.

How does one send a “sample” of a program... and is that even legal, since one is not allowed to redistribute such items?

Also... I just now realized that when you go to “Quarantine Items” that one has to click on the small grey arrow* in front of “nvAppTimestamps” to activate a drop down menu to show what program or file is the offender... this was not evident as mousing over the area does not indicate the arrow does anything, and clicking anywhere else just activates the option to “restore” or “delete” (the entire field registers as clickable with no distinction for the arrow).  But now that I can see this in the drop down menu I can see that in each instance McAfee has flagged Ultimate Unwrap 3D as a virus or threat.

Once again, Thank you for any help you may provide towards the resolution of this issue.

*Why grey? All the other arrows buttons are blue... grey makes it appear inactive... geez.

Flowignore
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I realize that time has passed since the original question, but maybe you have some more information on this situation by now?
The thing is, I also encountered a similar problem when working with one 3D application. That's why I'm asking.

Regards,
Hum3D

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community