cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tincup
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Total Protection package...trimming down a full scan?

Is there a way to configure & run a scheduled scan that is not so "full"?

My full scan takes ~ 5 hours and goes through every nook and cranny and probably evens checks for dust under the desk

BTW, hello & thanks to all.

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Total Protection package...trimming down a full scan?

There could be a lot a variables which contribute to such. High Latency, your preferred settings, and OS.

I am running "McAfee Total Protection" on Windows 7 Sp1, set at "Using minimal resources. My scans generally take 59 minutes/1 hour 10 mintues.

In addition it could be due to your specific amount of files. If you have an issues of "Hang Time" @ 98%/99% , this is a known issue and you could try the recommended work-around :VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

Also you can open your McAfee User Interface, and configure your Scan Settings.

In addition, you can click on (Help), then click on( Help) again and a pane should open to give you a "Step by Step" guide on how to configure/better understand your features.

I hope this helps in some way.

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

I also should say that you can configure a "Custom Scan" as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Moved appropriately to Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Could you please apprise us if your issues have been resolved? Or if you require further assistance? Your response would go a long way in us knowing if this thread is appropriately Answered.

Thank you in Advance,

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tincup
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Cat, I should have originally asked how one can schedule a custom scan.

Nothing in the Custom Scan dialogue box has settings that lets one set up a schedule.

I'm having other problems with Full Scan and Updates; once I get those bugs worked out,

I'll just set a schedule for a Full Scan and leave be of it all, good enough. And I do thank

your for your help so far.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Hi Tincup,

Thank you for your response. So can we assume this thread as Answered? Hence, you can continue with

. I will leave you in the very capable hands of Colleagues Ex_Brit and Peacekeeper.

In regards to your "Custom Scan" please refer to the following :Setting custom scan options

Wishing you all the very best

Catdaddy

Consumer Products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

states here:  to close out this one.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community