cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankiethek
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Total Protection Full Virus Scan Does Not Complete

I have Total Protection Version 1.13.209 Release 16.0 R113 which indicates it is the latest update. However, my full scan continues to stop at 35% and does not go any further. Any thoughts as to what I can do next?

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection Full Virus Scan Does Not Complete

This was fixed by R113 release. I was having lock up at 99% till I got a big update of the virusscan module in R112. If R113 was an update not a new install I would suggest a removal and reinstall as maybe a component did not install properly. The knowledge base FAQ is here.

Remove McAfee from windows 

frankiethek
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Total Protection Full Virus Scan Does Not Complete

I removed McAfee using their removal tool, and then reinstalled McAfee Total Protection. Unfortunately, this did not solved the issue of  a Full Virus Scan not competing, worse yet my computer locks up and I need to restart.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community